The Hornady Adapter Tube (Thingy)

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

The Hornady Adapter Tube (Thingy)

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

We have had quite a few requests for a Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Dispenser version of the RCBS Chargemaster adapter tube (Also known as the Thingy) So here it is and the initial reviews are very promising, certainly it is on par with the original RCBS version.

There are some subtle differences between the Hornady and RCBS versions of the adapter so if you do want to order one pleases do specify Hornady as opposed to RCBS as the two are not interchangeable.

Our original Beta tester told me:

I’ve spent a fair bit of time buggering about with the “hidden settings” on mine and have been quite happy with the results, …however, adding the “Thingy” definitely improves it whatever settings you use, for the average user it’s a great improvement especially if they’re using ball powders.

I have to point out we do not use the Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge Powder Dispenser ourselves so have no direct experience of it however if the customer feedback is anything to go on the use of the Adapter tube/Thingy gives a significant improvement.

Price is exactly the same as the original RCBS version, they are in stock and are available on the Shooting SHED e-commerce site under the Powder Dispenser Tubes section.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Re: The Hornady Adapter Tube (Thingy)

#2 Post by redcat »

Looks cool but I would suggest that "Thingy" is far too common a description for this quality item. There are "Thingys" about in all walks of life. Being crafted in your esteemed workshop I would say the "Sheddy" is a better description. :flag13:

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#3 Post by Alpha1 »

I think the thingy sounds quite cool. If I had a Hornady or a RCBS thingy Id buy one in a flash. :squirrel:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I agree Thingy sounds a bit odd and I am not sure where the choice of word 'Thingy' came from, it is more formally referred to as a feed tube adapter however we have received orders from as far a field as Australia and the USA asking for a Thingy so I must assume it is now internationally recognised. lol
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#5 Post by Maggot »

Uber hoopy thingy that knows where it's towels at? :good:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

Doofur!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#7 Post by breacher »

dromia wrote:Doofur!
Bradley Arms use that for their fantastic muzzle brake.

The last thing we want to see is a multi million pound lawsuit between Bradders and Ovenpaa lol
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

I doubt that Bradley fellow will have exclusive claim to that.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#9 Post by DW58 »

Jobby? :p
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#10 Post by Meaty »

The amount of engineers that ring me up and ask for "you know, the thingy that is to the right of the thingy" wallhead
My usual response is "do you want one in 25.4mm or 1""
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."