DSX trade offer

JDR imports reloading goods to order and has a special interest in historical carbines and all forms of S1 pistols and revolvers.

We also supply everything to do with wet tumbling, with machines ranging from the Rebel 17 to the large, industrial-sized CRC units.
JD4570

DSX trade offer

#1 Post by JD4570 »

DSX logo small.jpg
DSX trade accounts

Our DSX offering is slowly but surely moving forward in this country and new products are being developed all the time. Since I ran the first advertisement on the forum, several new products have been added (impact oil, cutting oil, surface protectant). The fluoropolymer technology (not the same as PTFE or Teflon) really does work and in ways that knock spots off traditional lubes and additives.

We are therefore now offering trade accounts for DSX products. This offer is not only for the gun trade but also for other businesses within the automotive, engineering and marine sectors, among many others.

If you would like to open a DSX trade account with us, please send your expression of interest to jon@jdrguns.com. This offer is for businesses only, so we’ll need some confirmation of your status as a business (VAT number, company number for limited companies, or website and/or business name and address for sole traders).

We’ll send you some samples to try and a price list and, if you like what you see, then we’ll open an account for you.

Jon
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: DSX trade offer

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Cutting Oil is something very dear to my heart and I would be interested to hear more on the product please :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
JD4570

#3 Post by JD4570 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Cutting Oil is something very dear to my heart and I would be interested to hear more on the product please :)
OK good. I have just two little samples at the moment, so I can send you one. I'd recommend trying it when drilling, tapping, threading and anything like that. It is available in bulk for lathes of course.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#4 Post by dromia »

Is the cutting oil water miscible?

If so I would be interested in a sample.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
JD4570

#5 Post by JD4570 »

dromia wrote:Is the cutting oil water miscible?

If so I would be interested in a sample.
Am just checking with the manufacturer. The instructions state it's best used full-strength, i.e. neat.

Will come back when I hear more. I'm going to attach a basic info sheet to this post.
DSX Cutter fluid.pdf
(318.45 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
JD4570

#6 Post by JD4570 »

OK - re: water miscibility:

The little fluoropolymer spheres (about 500 times smaller than Teflon and less than half the size of smoke particles from a fag or pipe) are reslutely hygrophobic. So water miscibility isn't possible with this technology. The recommendation is, in a ideal world, to use the mixture neat, but as bulk transportation can make that non-viable, most engineers that use DSX Cutter, add a little at a time to their existing petroleum-based cutting oil and then keep stepping it up until no additional benefit is seen.

The manufacturer related to me a very interesting account of a German factory that was making super-precise measuring instrumentation. One stage in production was a tiny pin which secured two or more components together. When DSX Cutter was introduced, they all of a sudden found that the very precisely calculated pin/component fit was too tight and the pin wouldn't go in. Needless to say, the German firm was very concerned and thought DSX had screwed everything up. It turned out, as they eventually found, that the DSX Cutter had taken away sufficient friction so that the tooling was no longer tearing its way through in quite the same way. In other words, it had become more efficient and thus the hole tolerances were even finer. As the German firm had already made hundreds of thousands of components and pins, they had no choice but to carry on doing it without the lube.

Let me know if you want samples anyway and I will send them to you. The Grease, Lube and Assembler Grease are all definitely worth a look. Also an Impact oil for use with pneumatic tools.

Jon
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

Thanks Jon, for my applications I need water miscibility.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/