Just want to ask

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

Re: Just want to ask

#51 Post by Rburro2 »

1 in 9 nah 1 in 7.7/ 1 in 8 to be honest this self ejecting may bring some other slow to catch on builders in to some r and d on there own sytems either that or be left behind.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#52 Post by TattooedGun »

I spoke to Paul this morning, and whilst he didn't give too much away, he did mention that there is a lot of new stuff on the go at the minute.

This project has had to take somewhat of a back-seat whilst getting the USA operation in full swing. He assures me that this move to the states will only be good for the UK market as he can increase manufacturing and decrease prices both sides of the pond.

Words he mentioned were along the lines of "interrupted bolt system" with no real classification of mechanism.

He's maniacally busy at the moment but also very positive about the future for what he's bringing to the market when its ready. But as I say, he did say that this particular project was on the back burner, for a few reasons.

I wouldn't expect much more information until at least the end of the year, if not later from what he was saying... But we can live in hope...
fingerscrossed
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#53 Post by Sixshot6 »

TattooedGun wrote:I spoke to Paul this morning, and whilst he didn't give too much away, he did mention that there is a lot of new stuff on the go at the minute.

This project has had to take somewhat of a back-seat whilst getting the USA operation in full swing. He assures me that this move to the states will only be good for the UK market as he can increase manufacturing and decrease prices both sides of the pond.

Words he mentioned were along the lines of "interrupted bolt system" with no real classification of mechanism.

He's maniacally busy at the moment but also very positive about the future for what he's bringing to the market when its ready. But as I say, he did say that this particular project was on the back burner, for a few reasons.

I wouldn't expect much more information until at least the end of the year, if not later from what he was saying... But we can live in hope...
fingerscrossed
Sounds good Tattooed gun, so the us operation is actually an outgrowth of the uk and not the other way around? That is unusual but then alot of UK gun engineers like Bill Alexander are making the waves in the us. It sounds good as a way to keep price down. So it will be made in the US then? This might a tall one one Tattooed gun but would I be correct in saying his has some desire to sell the system in certain US states. I only say this as in New York, Connecticut, California and the District of Columbia (I say this as someone who talks with a alot of New york gun owners alot) are crying out for a system that helps them get around their "Assault Weapons" Bans. Some people there like neither fixing a mag or going featureless and a pump action AR like the Troy not doing it either. Would I be correct in saying that situation may subsidize uk sales of his system a bit to bring the price down?
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#54 Post by TattooedGun »

Sixshot6 wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:I spoke to Paul this morning, and whilst he didn't give too much away, he did mention that there is a lot of new stuff on the go at the minute.

fingerscrossed
Sounds good Tattooed gun, so the us operation is actually an outgrowth of the uk and not the other way around? That is unusual but then alot of UK gun engineers like Bill Alexander are making the waves in the us. It sounds good as a way to keep price down. So it will be made in the US then? This might a tall one one Tattooed gun but would I be correct in saying his has some desire to sell the system in certain US states. I only say this as in New York, Connecticut, California and the District of Columbia (I say this as someone who talks with a alot of New york gun owners alot) are crying out for a system that helps them get around their "Assault Weapons" Bans. Some people there like neither fixing a mag or going featureless and a pump action AR like the Troy not doing it either. Would I be correct in saying that situation may subsidize uk sales of his system a bit to bring the price down?
That and Australia seemed to be markets he was looking at with this new system in mind, yes. Along with many new innovative features such as a new straight pull bolt with QD side leaver...

Terribly infuriating all this waiting as I have a bundle of cash and a couple of slots waiting to be filled but I'm assured that patience is a virtue and good things this way cometh... :)
Sixshot6

#55 Post by Sixshot6 »

TattooedGun wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:

fingerscrossed
That and Australia seemed to be markets he was looking at with this new system in mind, yes. Along with many new innovative features such as a new straight pull bolt with QD side leaver...

Terribly infuriating all this waiting as I have a bundle of cash and a couple of slots waiting to be filled but I'm assured that patience is a virtue and good things this way cometh... :)
Sounds good. Australia, I know this is going to sound bad but I've ghosted on a few Aussie Forums and I doubt he could get them in there. They have some Military appearance in the banned stuff clause and it led to the TROY Industries PAR being denied, unless he has a plan to find a way around that (thumbhole stock for the Aussie Market maybe then let the Aussies dress them as they please). But even then with a lower that take take Standard uppers the PAR was still denied and there was the Saga of the HK R8's (A straight pull version of the SL8, got classified as a semi auto CAT D in Queensland and Victoria). Plus Western Aus has a policy of not allowing anything that takes AR15 mags (means the mossberg mvp rifles for example are banned in 223 there, but not 308). Then again he might have some plan to get around it, but it better be a good one. The straight pull with QD lever I'm guessing allows a straight pull to change levers more easier and is seperate from the interrupted bolt I presume?

I'm not gonna rain on that part of his parade purposely, but essentially Australia is only paper in certain areas freer than the UK (pistols for example while legal are more regulated than they are in Northern Ireland, isle of man, channels and Pre 1997 uk due to calibre, barrel and magazine restrictions to 10 rounds). But if he can get the Aussie AG office to give him the import paperwork he'd be a hero to many gun owning Aussie's. But it sounds like this Country and the US States with AWB bans are his best bet for sales.
Sixshot6

#56 Post by Sixshot6 »

Would I be correct in possibly guessing that with that kind of base to please there would be an AR10 model also? To be fair I'd rather them do a an AR15 and get people shooting with it as I like the round for the range (no real felt recoil). What is not to like? But I do know people who yearn for the AR10 version. Sevensixtwo on here being one and some people I know in real life being others (my dad among one). Hope we hear more soon. I'll be like waiting for a cross of a bus meets the second coming.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#57 Post by bradaz11 »

Sixshot6 wrote:I'll be like waiting for a cross of a bus meets the second coming.
what??
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sixshot6

#58 Post by Sixshot6 »

bradaz11 wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:I'll be like waiting for a cross of a bus meets the second coming.
what??
It sounded better in my head. I meant like the buses you wait ages for one and two or three show up and the anticipation in some quarters is like people waiting for the second coming. The two being an AR15 and AR10 based platform for the Lantac designs. Me I'd stake my money on the 15 popping up first with 5.56 and .300 aac/blackout (I think those restricted US states might like that caliber. Especially Connecticut as for all it faults it allows NFA items like Moderators so it would fit in).

So what other rifles do people want to see adopting these kind of actions one day?
BamBam

#59 Post by BamBam »

Expect to see the new rimfire AR and the new straight pull .223 before we see any other kind of action/calibre.
Sixshot6

#60 Post by Sixshot6 »

BamBam wrote:Expect to see the new rimfire AR and the new straight pull .223 before we see any other kind of action/calibre.
that is understandable. I believe you're right. It sounds like late this year, early next is when we'll see the new action. Anybody else interested in it when it comes?