Lantac where have all the rifles gone?

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

Lantac where have all the rifles gone?

#1 Post by Zilberbak »

As anyone been on the Lantac website recently as it seems to be missing all of their rifles apart from the competition one? As Paul moved to the States as it seems that everything is focused for the American market?
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: Lantac where have all the rifles gone?

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

Zilberbak wrote:As anyone been on the Lantac website recently as it seems to be missing all of their rifles apart from the competition one? As Paul moved to the States as it seems that everything is focused for the American market?
Is there also any word on that system they were supposed to be making also? I thought moving to the states was supposed to make doing that for the uk and restricted states like CT and NY more easy and cheaper? And plus your'e right. Maybe they're winding the uk operation down to an extent and its just gonna be a place for receiving stuff imported from the US?
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

Last time I spoke to Paul he had quite a lot of new things in the pipeline and seemed reluctant to want to built new rifles on the old parts, but was in no-mans land with them... they were designed and tested but yet to be built as I recall.

It could be that he's making way for new offerings, or as you suggest, he might just be swamped with the amount of work and interest he's getting in the States. The dragon has given Lantac a HUGE name and a massive piece of the market over there, as you can imagine, UK market is small-fry when you're up against the yanks who'll buy anything gun related :(
Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

TattooedGun wrote:Last time I spoke to Paul he had quite a lot of new things in the pipeline and seemed reluctant to want to built new rifles on the old parts, but was in no-mans land with them... they were designed and tested but yet to be built as I recall.

It could be that he's making way for new offerings, or as you suggest, he might just be swamped with the amount of work and interest he's getting in the States. The dragon has given Lantac a HUGE name and a massive piece of the market over there, as you can imagine, UK market is small-fry when you're up against the yanks who'll buy anything gun related :(
True, was the system he was designing for jurisdictions that can't have semis but be able to have something close mentioned at all?
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#5 Post by TattooedGun »

Sixshot6 wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:Last time I spoke to Paul he had quite a lot of new things in the pipeline and seemed reluctant to want to built new rifles on the old parts, but was in no-mans land with them... they were designed and tested but yet to be built as I recall.

True, was the system he was designing for jurisdictions that can't have semis but be able to have something close mentioned at all?
Haven't spoken to him in a while, and I think I covered everything that was mentioned in previous threads... basically don't hold your breath but there is something in the pipeline. probably best to forget about it and when it arrives it'll be a nice surprise :p
Sixshot6

#6 Post by Sixshot6 »

TattooedGun wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:

Haven't spoken to him in a while, and I think I covered everything that was mentioned in previous threads... basically don't hold your breath but there is something in the pipeline. probably best to forget about it and when it arrives it'll be a nice surprise :p
True, from what I hear, a good few different ones are coming (a well known RFD confirmed one he's going coming and said call back for more info in a few months). Sometime tell's me we're gonna go from having two systems to a bit more from different companies in a while, but competition is good at the end of the day. Glad to hear the move has done them well. is the dragon brake really that good though?
TattooedGun
Past Supporter

#7 Post by TattooedGun »

Go look on youtube for yourself....

But yeah. Damn impressive...

Sixshot6

#8 Post by Sixshot6 »

TattooedGun wrote:Go look on youtube for yourself....

Well its good enough for full auto, it'll be good enough for what systems we get. Also why are handstops like the Odin works thing and the like starting to become popular. One minute it was VFG's, then AFG's and now Handstops. What gives?
Sixshot6

#9 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sixshot6 wrote:
TattooedGun wrote:Go look on youtube for yourself....

Well its good enough for full auto, it'll be good enough for what systems we get. Also why are handstops like the Odin works thing and the like starting to become popular. One minute it was VFG's, then AFG's and now Handstops. What gives? I do have an interest in handstops, are they go to hold and use?
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#10 Post by safetyfirst »

Lantac might make great products but it's their marketing that's really second to none.