Sig picked to replace the USGI M9 pistol.

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

tackb

Re: Sig picked to replace the USGI M9 pistol.

#21 Post by tackb »

I had a glock before the ban and I loved its rugged simplicity , also I loved its safety , don't point it at things and pull the trigger if you don't want to shoot them !
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#22 Post by DaveB »

ordnance wrote:
DaveB wrote:Breacher,

Never said there was anything necessarily wrong with the Glock - I just don't like them. My absolute first choices are steel-framed pistols, preferably ones which can be carried cocked and locked.
I doubt the army would allow you to carry cocked and locked.
You are correct, but in my experience once you cross the start line (or line of departure as our American cousins like to call it) oversight of some of the less useful rules becomes difficult. The Americans always had a regulation that said the 1911A1 had to be carried with the hammer down on an empty chamber. I am sure most obeyed the regulation in the rear areas, but few, I would suspect, continued the practice once they left the security of the unit lines. I like having the option, even if the powers-that-be wouldn't want me to use it.
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#23 Post by David Nimrod »

tackb wrote:I had a glock before the ban and I loved its rugged simplicity , also I loved its safety , don't point it at things and pull the trigger if you don't want to shoot them !
Agreed...

My Glock 21 was the ultimate pistol IMHO.

Other peoples mileage may of course vary cheers

Apologies for my unnecessary photo, couldn't resist

ImageMy Glock 21, 1996. by David Nimrod, on Flickr
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever