A Tuesday at the range

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: A Tuesday at the range

#31 Post by Dellboy »

bradaz11 wrote:
Dellboy wrote:SO A CZ75 COMPACT could be a possibility ??
anything is possible, it's how you can justify it. brand new from factory pistols are less likely unless you have a good reason for it in the collection.
from cz website
The CZ 75 D COMPACT based on the CZ 75 design, was after 3 years of some of the most aggressive and demanding tests enlisted as duty handgun of the Czech National Police
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#32 Post by bradaz11 »

1066 wrote:Also green with envy...Tell me about those targets though, were you trying to empty a mag as quick as possible or was that slow fire precision?
I don't do very well at slow fire precision. it was a bit between the two. standing front on, two hand grip, slow squeeze to fire, settle, release trigger to reset, slow squeeze again until mag is empty. I'd catch myself quickening up the process and have to try to slow down again. one eye closed firing

one thing i notice is, I have a tendancy to put right arm almost straight, and bring left arm over and support, but I get better grouping bringing it more central and evening up, but it is not as comfortable or natural
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#33 Post by bradaz11 »

Dellboy wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:
Dellboy wrote:SO A CZ75 COMPACT could be a possibility ??
anything is possible, it's how you can justify it. brand new from factory pistols are less likely unless you have a good reason for it in the collection.
from cz website
The CZ 75 D COMPACT based on the CZ 75 design, was after 3 years of some of the most aggressive and demanding tests enlisted as duty handgun of the Czech National Police
right? but what would your collection be? and what gun would you be buying? a brand new comercial sale? what relevance does the czech police using it have on the pistol you are buying? is it 2nd hand, ex police? was it a gun actually used in the trial like my pistols are the actual guns the MOD tested, not just the same type?
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#34 Post by Dellboy »

Direct from Czech ex police but just thinking aloud at the moment .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Site Supporter Since 2015

#35 Post by 1066 »

bradaz11 wrote:
1066 wrote:Also green with envy...Tell me about those targets though, were you trying to empty a mag as quick as possible or was that slow fire precision?
I don't do very well at slow fire precision. it was a bit between the two. standing front on, two hand grip, slow squeeze to fire, settle, release trigger to reset, slow squeeze again until mag is empty. I'd catch myself quickening up the process and have to try to slow down again. one eye closed firing

one thing i notice is, I have a tendancy to put right arm almost straight, and bring left arm over and support, but I get better grouping bringing it more central and evening up, but it is not as comfortable or natural
Shooting a pistol accurately and fast takes a lot of practice. Skittle shooting was never my forte, although great fun to do. Three seconds to raise, aim and shoot on the UIT duelling was more my mark (One handed). Plenty of time when you get in the swing.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#36 Post by pbrazendale »

Sorry to hijack this thread slightly but in terms of getting a 7.3 pistol is it right to firstly join the HBSA then a club who offers 7.3 and from there do a variation? I'm based in manchester however the club in Mossley on the HBSA site doesn't have any contact details, the next nearest is in the West Midlands which is about a 73 mile drive each way, what would be the best way to go?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#37 Post by DanTheMan »

pbrazendale wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread slightly but in terms of getting a 7.3 pistol is it right to firstly join the HBSA then a club who offers 7.3 and from there do a variation? I'm based in manchester however the club in Mossley on the HBSA site doesn't have any contact details, the next nearest is in the West Midlands which is about a 73 mile drive each way, what would be the best way to go?
Have a really good read of chapter 9 here - the HBSA have a load of info on their website. You will need good reason, and lots of it, plus patience & a lot of paperwork, but it's worth it.
Genuine collectors of firearms for their own interest will often, though not always, be established members of the learned societies in this field, for example the Historical Breechloading Smallarms Association or the Vintage Arms Association
BamBam

#38 Post by BamBam »

bradaz11 wrote:
1066 wrote: one thing i notice is, I have a tendancy to put right arm almost straight, and bring left arm over and support, but I get better grouping bringing it more central and evening up, but it is not as comfortable or natural
Depends if you're adopting a weaver or isosceles stance, modern competition is generally an isosceles stance, but as we say if your firing stance is correct, you're not moving fast enough. :D
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#39 Post by bradaz11 »

pbrazendale wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread slightly but in terms of getting a 7.3 pistol is it right to firstly join the HBSA then a club who offers 7.3 and from there do a variation? I'm based in manchester however the club in Mossley on the HBSA site doesn't have any contact details, the next nearest is in the West Midlands which is about a 73 mile drive each way, what would be the best way to go?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
I'm not a member of the HBSA, just a club with sec7
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#40 Post by bradaz11 »

BamBam wrote:
bradaz11 wrote: one thing i notice is, I have a tendancy to put right arm almost straight, and bring left arm over and support, but I get better grouping bringing it more central and evening up, but it is not as comfortable or natural
Depends if you're adopting a weaver or isosceles stance, modern competition is generally an isosceles stance, but as we say if your firing stance is correct, you're not moving fast enough. :D
ummm neither I think, as after reading up on weaver, I'm shooting right handed but have right foot fwd. I guess I need to learn how to shoot more