SIRT Dryfire practice

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

IsleShoot

SIRT Dryfire practice

#1 Post by IsleShoot »

Up until now I've been using an CO2 1:1 replica 1911 to practice with for my trips to Europe, but as its single action and I shoot production I've been looking for a suitable SA/DA production class replica namely a CZ SP01 Shadow, typically you can't get a fully functioning copy so it was looking like a glock. Shopping around for a good deal I came across this;

Basically its a 1:1 replica of a glock 17 with a functioning trigger, magazine release and magazine well, supplied with a magazine weighted to feel as though its fully loaded. 'So what' you say!

Well the genius bit is the trigger detects when you take up the slack and 'prep' the shot and it projects a red laser dot onto your target, then when you break the shot a green laser dot is projected onto the target indicating where the shot would have fallen but critically highlighting any poor technique i.e. trigger slap etc...

I have got to get me one of these (if only to have on the desk in the office) so if anyone knows of anybody who stocks them in the UK or Europe please advise. I've got an enquiry into SIRT but expecting the usual 'ignore the crazy foreigner' response.

link for info http://nextleveltraining.com
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

Re: SIRT Dryfire practice

#2 Post by Demonic69 »

So if you had a photo reactive target you could see exactly where your shots were aimed and landed.
Nice bit of kit

I don't read my own signature!
IsleShoot

#3 Post by IsleShoot »

You can get laser reactive targets as well but if/when I get one I'm just going to use some mini IPSC targets dotted around and then work on my trigger control, draw & reload drills and target transitions
Blu

#4 Post by Blu »

IsleShoot, Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of giving the company a call from this side of the pond. Guy who is in the know about whether they can be shipped to the UK or not is out at the moment but they will get him to call me back on his return. I'll let you know what he says.

Blu :twisted:
BamBam

#5 Post by BamBam »

I'd like one if they can be had in the UK.
Blu

#6 Post by Blu »

Right guys, I have just spoken to Ryan who is the international sales manager from Next Level Training that sells these training aids and guess what? The will indeed ship them to individuals in the UK. In fact if you mention that you are a competition shooter and want to use it for practice you will get a discount. These are not covered by ITAR as they are classed as inert training aids that cannot be modified or converted in any way to fire live ammunition and the company puts a letter in the box when it ships to state that and for information for UK customs.

Ryan is going to email me all his contact details along with a copy of said customs declaration and I will post it here in PDF format when I get it so you can have a look.

Hope this helps

IsleShoot

#7 Post by IsleShoot »

Blu wrote:IsleShoot, Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of giving the company a call from this side of the pond.
Not at all mate, really appreciate the effort. Only problem is I've been drunk ebaying again and bought one already! I'm going to call it the 'Washing Machine' as thats what I was supposed to be shopping for! Having said all that it hasn't arrived yet so I may come back cap in hand.

I reckon theres a real market for them over here, especially the AR laser bolt they do, great for the PR boys.

I've also bought some IPSC dry fire targets from Double Alpha Academy, so hopefully will have a handy travel anywhere dryfire set up.

I will be in the market for some extra practice mags though.

Thanks again for the effort.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#8 Post by Demonic69 »

How much are they though?

I don't read my own signature!
IsleShoot

#9 Post by IsleShoot »

I paid £300 for SIRT pistol, x1 mag and shipping from US.
Blu

#10 Post by Blu »

IsleShoot wrote:
Blu wrote:IsleShoot, Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of giving the company a call from this side of the pond.
Not at all mate, really appreciate the effort. Only problem is I've been drunk ebaying again and bought one already! I'm going to call it the 'Washing Machine' as thats what I was supposed to be shopping for! Having said all that it hasn't arrived yet so I may come back cap in hand.

I reckon theres a real market for them over here, especially the AR laser bolt they do, great for the PR boys.

I've also bought some IPSC dry fire targets from Double Alpha Academy, so hopefully will have a handy travel anywhere dryfire set up.

I will be in the market for some extra practice mags though.

Thanks again for the effort.
No problem mate, always happy to help out a fellow sportsman regardless of location.