Cleaning a Taurus LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

Re: Cleaning a Taurus LBR

#11 Post by Explosive »

HALODIN wrote:I can only assume you're trying to troll me, given how irrelevant your question appears to be. Why don't you chill out before you get banned.
Explosive wrote:Do you have to show that you have knowledge of firearms before being granted a permit to own one in the UK ?
Not at all, I asked as I don't know what the score is regarding being granted a firearm certificate in the UK nowadays.

In Canada you need to pass a proficiency test. When I took the test I just challenged it, now attending a course is mandatory.

If anyone needs to chill it's you.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#12 Post by HALODIN »

Yes you have to prove you have good cause to have a firearm, being a member of a shooting club or having permission to shoot on someone's land ticks this box. In order to prove you're proficient with firearms you have to pass your probationary period at a club, at which point you'll be offered full membership. Only after being offered full membership are you allowed to apply for a firearms certificate. You don't have to prove you're proficient with a specific type of firearm in order to apply for one, although it may help your application if you can prove you gained experience during your probationary period.
Explosive wrote:Do you have to show that you have knowledge of firearms before being granted a permit to own one in the UK ?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#13 Post by bradaz11 »

no
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sim G
Past Supporter

#14 Post by Sim G »

Insert into the yoke first, "pointy bit", spring then plunger. You need a new spring. (Cylinder stop plunger Spring)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HALODIN

#15 Post by HALODIN »

I think it might have been mis-assembled as the "pointy bit" came out of the frame last, but I'll put it right later. What does the point bit do?

I spoke to Valmont Firearms yesterday about a new spring, so hopefully he can source one for me.

Thanks for the info.
Sim G wrote:Insert into the yoke first, "pointy bit", spring then plunger. You need a new spring. (Cylinder stop plunger Spring)
joe

#16 Post by joe »

You can also take the cyclinder off by undoing the ejector rod, ejector rod comes off, pull off star then cyclinder. The reason the cyclinder gets stiff to turn after so many rounds is because the gas ring on which the cyclinder sits on get clogged up with carbon and lead due to over large cyclinder gap and to crap design. You have to clean this gas ring regualry to avoid this. I clean my revolver every 100 rounds and I remove the cyclinder. Also give a squirt of gun scrubber on the inside of where the cyclinder stop come up.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#17 Post by dromia »

An angle grinder is handy for removing stubborn, burnt on fouling.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#18 Post by bradaz11 »

HALODIN wrote:I think it might have been mis-assembled as the "pointy bit" came out of the frame last, but I'll put it right later. What does the point bit do?

I spoke to Valmont Firearms yesterday about a new spring, so hopefully he can source one for me.

Thanks for the info.
Sim G wrote:Insert into the yoke first, "pointy bit", spring then plunger. You need a new spring. (Cylinder stop plunger Spring)
it sits in the undercu on the yoket, which allows the yoke to rotate open, but not move laterally.

and reading simg's instructions, if the bit that went in first, came out last and vice versa, it would be assembled correctly, or am i missing something?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
HALODIN

#19 Post by HALODIN »

It's currently sitting in the hollow screw on the right hand side of the frame (wrong place) and everything's working as it should, but I will put it in the right place when I take it apart over the weekend.

It came out last from the hole in the frame that accepts the yoke, spring and plunger. i.e. the yoke came out of the frame, then the spring/plunger and then behind that was the "pointy bit", which is why I thought it had fallen through from the right hand screw hole.
bradaz11 wrote:it sits in the undercu on the yoket, which allows the yoke to rotate open, but not move laterally.

and reading simg's instructions, if the bit that went in first, came out last and vice versa, it would be assembled correctly, or am i missing something?
HALODIN

#20 Post by HALODIN »

I've give it a go and hopefully all goes well... Thanks for the tip!
dromia wrote:An angle grinder is handy for removing stubborn, burnt on fouling.