New CZ75 P01

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

New CZ75 P01

#1 Post by froggy »

Just had the confirmation that the long awaited CZ75 P01 Omega (it was on their site but not in stock) that I have been lusting over has just been released and is now available in small quantity at the Prague branch :good:

http://www.czub.cz/en/cz-75-p-01.html?___from_store=cz
http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-01-%cf%8 ... ble-omega/

Time to smash that little piggy ...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: New CZ75 P01

#2 Post by 20series »

Froggy

It's really not nice rubbing our nose in the fact that you can still play with proper pistols green55

Go on, treat yourself and don't forget the pictures when you do wallhead

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#3 Post by 25Pdr »

Pleased for you Froggy. :good:
ordnance

#4 Post by ordnance »

Nice Similar to my CZ75 SPO1, i am looking a revolver for a change looking at two for sale here, just have to make a decision any on the forum familiar with the models good and bad points.
COLT King Cobra Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: COLT
Model: King Cobra
Certificate Required: Yes
Calibre: .357magnum
Mechanism: n/a
Barrel Length: 150
Price: £750.00
Gun Condition: Excellent
Accessories: Supplied in original box
Description: Smith & Wesson 686 Revolver. 6.5 inch barrel stainless - fires .357 Magnum and .38 Special Comes with original grips (on gun) and rubber grips - easily changed. Also comes with holster and 2 speed loaders Great gun in great condition. Only fired maybe 4-500 rounds and cleaned after every use.
Category: .Pistol : Hand guns
Make: Smith & Wesson
Model: 686
Certificate Required: Yes
Orientation: Right
Calibre: .38 special
Mechanism: n/a
Price: £625
Gun Condition: Excellen
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

I've owned both! Granted with four inch barrels. If I could choose only one, it would be the King Cobra. Why? It was just "nicer". Shot more accurately aswell, if memory serves.

Boy are they expensive now in the "free" part of the UK!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#6 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:I've owned both! Granted with four inch barrels. If I could choose only one, it would be the King Cobra. Why? It was just "nicer". Shot more accurately aswell, if memory serves.

Boy are they expensive now in the "free" part of the UK!
I think the Smith has just gone up with regular inflation Sim, that and only having there, Isle of man and Channel Islands to legally own them in. In the case of the King Cobra, there is the matter of them not being made anymore (for a bit of fun, see what excellent and untouched conditions go for on gunbroker of Colt Pythons in the US, You will spill your coffee and Gregg's Pasty on the floor).
Last edited by Sixshot6 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#7 Post by shugie »

Might that be on test weekend after next?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#8 Post by Daryll »

I'd go with the 686... back in the day I had a similar choice, but around that time Colt were having quality issues, which made up my mind to get the S&W.
(There was a story going around, with pictures, of someone who fired 3 rnds through their new Colt Python and the barrel dropped off...!!))
Sim G
Past Supporter

#9 Post by Sim G »

Sixshot6 wrote: (for a bit of fun, see what excellent and untouched conditions go for on gunbroker of Colt Pythons in the US, You will spill your coffee and Gregg's Pasty on the floor).

A friend has a Colt Python, six inch, blued on s7.3. He paid £800 a couple of years ago.

As for the barrel falling off a Python after three rounds? Sounds very fishy...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#10 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote: (for a bit of fun, see what excellent and untouched conditions go for on gunbroker of Colt Pythons in the US, You will spill your coffee and Gregg's Pasty on the floor).

A friend has a Colt Python, six inch, blued on s7.3. He paid £800 a couple of years ago.

As for the barrel falling off a Python after three rounds? Sounds very fishy...
I think I might remember that python for sale also, if it's from where I think. And the barrel falling off, or the pasty you bought this morning? But on a serious note I'm sure unfired Python's are selling for $3000 plus in the states these days?