New CZ75 P01

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: New CZ75 P01

#21 Post by Sixshot6 »

ordnance wrote:Decision made my new purchase, just have to wait on the paperwork going trough.
You lucky guy, rub it in why don't you? :cry:
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#22 Post by froggy »

Decision made my new purchase, just have to wait on the paperwork going trough.
Shadow ?

You lucky guy, rub it in why don't you?

Go on... buy one !
You actually have a lot of options and you can store it in Belgium, Switzerland or the Czech Rep ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
paulg25

#23 Post by paulg25 »

Froggy are you able to explain the process for me as i have a place in Prague and an FAC in the UK - thanks
froggy
Past Supporter

#24 Post by froggy »

Sure - It is a non-lucrative hobby so, we, British shooters can legally & safely enjoy shooting hand-guns and "3 guns" but I need to group enough shooters to keep the price as low as possible . With that in mind, we do mainly 2 different things : either static shooting or a dynamic class.

Static, we rent a lane, bring both a Czech RO to respect the local legislation and a lots of guns & ammo and shoot the hell out of it. Very much like renting a lane in Bisley but obviously the benefit to go to the Czech Rep is to shoot hand guns or semi-auto full bore at an affordable cost .

Dynamic is proper instruction/training following the precepts of the NTTC (Jeff Cooper teaching ). Both for pistols & SA rifles. The tution is provided by an ex-military instructor (who still train various LEA around the world). (IMO such training whould be mandatory to all FAC holders) . Anyway, to make it simple, it is similar to the Magpul classes in the US that we conclude with some practical scenarios/shooting multi-guns parcours similar to the US "3 guns challenges" in order to put the teaching into practice.

I organise the entire WE, including the accomodation, so the only thing you have to worry is getting to Prague. Now, if you already have a place there, no problem, we can arrange to pick you up/you meet us somewhere and we take you to the range.

I hope that answer your question . The next one should be a dynamic class mid July .
paulg25

#25 Post by paulg25 »

Thank you, i actually meant applying for your own firearms which i could shoot when i go over (Like your new Cz) but the above looks good as well :) and I might have to get involved in that - Thansk
froggy
Past Supporter

#26 Post by froggy »

Sorry, I see what you meant now - Basically a CZ club buys the gun on your behalf for which you are the sole user. You have a contract with that club preventing them to dispose of your gun without your express consent & leaves it out the scope of a liquidation should the club go bankrupt.

Your gun is stored at the club & you can use it supervised (meaning a Czech RO is present on the range) only at that club premises (you can not take it home) or an other range where the club is shooting for a competition or some event. In this regard it is very similar to a UK club's gun.

The day you want to sell it, either you find a buyer yourself or the club offers it for sale and once you have signed a waiver releasing your title to it. The transaction takes place between the club & the buyer and you receive the money.

The Cz Club charges me a monthly fee (in line with renting a safe in my UK club) to store my guns, I have 4. The club armourer even cleans & do a montly maintenance if/when I wish him to do so. That fee gives me free access to their range once/month and a discount rate if I want to shoot more often. In practice, they often let me shoot 2 days on a trot since I am not there every month.

Talking to some of my fellow UK club members I think it is similar to the arrangement they have with various other continental shooting clubs. Belgium enables you to do a day trip but that leaves you only 2 hours max on the range. Since I am a licenced French shooter I also have a French FAC & have pistols that I store in my French home.

I find the Czech option very simple & convenient . Unlike France, I do keep my UK FAC guns at my UK club so I have no hang-up about not having them under my pillow. In my experience, even with the cost of flying, the Czech Rep works out cheaper. I go there less often but when I go I do get 2 good days of much better quality shooting . It works for me :-)
froggy
Past Supporter

#27 Post by froggy »

In case you were enquiring about having your own licence, if you are a EEC Citizen & own a place in the CR it is possible . You will have to pass a practical test & a theorie test. You will need to speak Czech as the theoretical exam you will have to answer 30 questions (taken out of a list of 500) without the help of a translator/interpretor.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#28 Post by shugie »

froggy wrote:In case you were enquiring about having your own licence, if you are a EEC Citizen & own a place in the CR it is possible . You will have to pass a practical test & a theorie test. You will need to speak Czech as the theoretical exam you will have to answer 30 questions (taken out of a list of 500) without the help of a translator/interpretor.
And that's no small challenge in itself, Czech seems a fairly hard language to learn. Although as of next month we may no longer be EEC citizens.
Careful now/that sort of thing
froggy
Past Supporter

#29 Post by froggy »

+1, It's probably the hardest vlavic language to learn :cry: ...
As a member of a NATO country, Brits could still apply for a Czech FAC even if we left the EU.
paulg25

#30 Post by paulg25 »

Thank you I will need to speak to the local club (Short walk from where the flat is) Paul