Should I buy a GSG 1911

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Should I buy a GSG 1911

#81 Post by bradaz11 »

what distance were you at?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#82 Post by Daryll »

bradaz11 wrote:what distance were you at?
25m

Daryll
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#83 Post by Pesty »

bradaz11 wrote:well hopefully will be buying it tuesday, and possibly going to the range thursday, but will be using it in a comp w/e 10/11th. so ideally would like to get something ordered now to be able to fit and see.

PESTY - have you tried out the APP kit yet?
Right tried it today. Also two magazines converted to 14 rounds. Barrel screw out.

250-300 rounds of cci blazer and 100 rounds of another members sub sonic hollow points.

1 stoppage

Every now and again with the slide locked back trying to rack it with new magazine the slide feels like it's stuck on something , a bit more force and it's fine. Did not seem to effect performance. Without the screw the slide is definitely stiffer.

Accuracy I did not notice much of an improvement next time I'll try with and without barrel Screw for more of a comparison.
It shot pretty well at 25 yards from a rest. 10 yards offhand was fine with cci. Sub sonic seemed to change point if impact by quite a lot by then I was just shooting at targets of opportunity on the berm so again not conclusive.