Should I buy a GSG 1911

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Should I buy a GSG 1911

#61 Post by bradaz11 »

froggy wrote: A friend has the GSG 22lr LBP in the UK and once a month goes to shoot his big (and expensive) Bro in Belgium. Quite a few fellow members of my UK Club go with him & went down that way.
I think I might get in trouble if once a month, I went to Belgium to shoot my Brother.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#62 Post by pbrazendale »

What about the new glock .22lr? That looks a lot better made and in my opinion better looking also.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#63 Post by safetyfirst »

Which glock ? If you mean the Suffolk rifle glock I'm afraid the business has been shut down.
ordnance

#64 Post by ordnance »

bradaz11 wrote:
froggy wrote: A friend has the GSG 22lr LBP in the UK and once a month goes to shoot his big (and expensive) Bro in Belgium. Quite a few fellow members of my UK Club go with him & went down that way.
I think I might get in trouble if once a month, I went to Belgium to shoot my Brother.

Plenty come to this part of the UK from England to shoot pistol, why leave the UK and go to Belgium etc.

Handgun activities in NI - ukpsa
www.ukpsa.co.uk/handgunni.html
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#65 Post by bradaz11 »

ordnance wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:

Plenty come to this part of the UK from England to shoot pistol, why leave the UK and go to Belgium etc.

Handgun activities in NI - ukpsa
http://www.ukpsa.co.uk/handgunni.html
because it's safer to be English in Belgium? :twisted:
ordnance

#66 Post by ordnance »

because it's safer to be English in Belgium?
Are you sure, you will be safer here being English than you will be in a lot of cites in England.
Troops have been deployed across Belgium to guard potential targets of terrorist attacks, following a series of anti-terror raids and arrests.
Up to 300 soldiers will be mobilised in Brussels, Antwerp and elsewhere.
Belgium's interior minister told the BBC that his country had to make use of all the forces at its disposal
As for buying extras and customizing a handgun, i have bought extras for my CZ75 SPO1 but ended up taking it back to standard as it came out of the factory, the extras did not improve the way it or i shoot.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#67 Post by froggy »

Ordnance,
I dont know why they picked Belgium: Beer quality, chockies, ease to fill-up a car & cross by ferry for a day (short) pistol shooting day ?? Personaly I go to the Cezch Rep, but NI is , I guess, indeed a good option. Anyway you get my point... GBP 150 extra on a GSG LBP or a real pistol from time to time.
The shadow is indeed perfect outa the box. I was lucky , mine , SH, cost me just over GBP 300 in France. I try not to think about it lookg at my 450 GSG :cry:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#68 Post by bradaz11 »

i don't have to do either to go shoot my gun... just an hour and a bit drive to go make some holes, but i still want this crappy .22 for comps
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#69 Post by Daryll »

Ok, just been down the range and put some rounds through my Pro TSC with the AW Armoury PES and recoil spring set.

The results were... mediocre....

I suppose it could now be called a "group", instead of a "spread pattern", but at 25m its still around a 3-4 inch group.
I tried MiniMag and some of the new Eley Force, as AW say it will need HV ammo. Both gave approx the 3-4 inch group. I then tried some SK rifle match, not expecting it to cycle correctly, and after the 2nd shot was a FTFeed I thought I was correct, but it then cycled the rest of the magazine, and the next 3 magazines, without a problem.
The SK match brought the group down to 2.5 - 3 inches.

When people say they get a 1-2 inch group with these at 25m, how are you resting the gun..?
I was sat at a bench and just resting the butt of the gun on a sandbag, using a 2 handed grip. Are other people supporting more of the gun..?? the frame forward of the trigger..?

Anyway... to be honest, I was a little disappointed as I'd hoped for better groups than this with the kit installed, but its still a fun way of turning ammo into empty brass :D

Anyone else tried the Eley Force...?? My son and I fired off 250-300 rnds today, and we're not that keen on it. My son had some feed problems with it through his 10/22, and some FTE, but the biggest problem was it causing the mags to jam. SK ammo and minimag work fine through it, but the Force cause several magazine jams, where it seems to stop the mag rotating. I'll measure a round and see if its any longer than usual 22lr.
I had a couple of FTE's on the LBP using Force, but no problems with the SK or Minimag....

I'm sure Eley have put a star wars slant on it.....

"Dad, I can't hit the targets.."... "Use the Force Luke..."

But we won't buy any more of it....
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#70 Post by Airbrush »

Daryll wrote:Ok, just been down the range and put some rounds through my Pro TSC with the AW Armoury PES and recoil spring set.

The results were... mediocre....

I suppose it could now be called a "group", instead of a "spread pattern", but at 25m its still around a 3-4 inch group.
I tried MiniMag and some of the new Eley Force, as AW say it will need HV ammo. Both gave approx the 3-4 inch group. I then tried some SK rifle match, not expecting it to cycle correctly, and after the 2nd shot was a FTFeed I thought I was correct, but it then cycled the rest of the magazine, and the next 3 magazines, without a problem.
The SK match brought the group down to 2.5 - 3 inches.

When people say they get a 1-2 inch group with these at 25m, how are you resting the gun..?
I was sat at a bench and just resting the butt of the gun on a sandbag, using a 2 handed grip. Are other people supporting more of the gun..?? the frame forward of the trigger..?

Anyway... to be honest, I was a little disappointed as I'd hoped for better groups than this with the kit installed, but its still a fun way of turning ammo into empty brass :D

Anyone else tried the Eley Force...?? My son and I fired off 250-300 rnds today, and we're not that keen on it. My son had some feed problems with it through his 10/22, and some FTE, but the biggest problem was it causing the mags to jam. SK ammo and minimag work fine through it, but the Force cause several magazine jams, where it seems to stop the mag rotating. I'll measure a round and see if its any longer than usual 22lr.
I had a couple of FTE's on the LBP using Force, but no problems with the SK or Minimag....

I'm sure Eley have put a star wars slant on it.....

"Dad, I can't hit the targets.."... "Use the Force Luke..."

But we won't buy any more of it....
Try some CCI Standard, mine is more accurate with those over minimag.