XdM 3.8 9mm sec7.3

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

IsleShoot

Re: XdM 3.8 9mm sec7.3

#21 Post by IsleShoot »

It pleases me greatly to know folk are studying these important historical firearms.

I'm hoping my club might go for 7.3 in the next few years as I'm passionate about the history and development of IPSC firearms, courses of fire and the development of the sport in general. I want to learn more about the history of the sport, how it has changed and evolved from the days of leather holsters and safari jackets of the Jeff Cooper era right through to the present day shooter/athletes of Eric Grauffell et al.

Its an enourmous subject and quite possibly more than one individual could ever take on when you consider all the divisions, Open, Classic, Production, Revolver and even the now defunct Modified division. Its probabily something I could imagine several people at a club being interested in?

As previously mentioned on a previous post, 7.3 is no small undertaking and whilst there needs to be a genuine effort by the individual to study these firearms the club that provides the facility and the unfortunate club offical (prob Hon Sec) would have to hold a Sec 5 authority with all the paperwork & liason with plod & HO that goes with it. A labour of love is the best way its been described to me as the club will never make money from it particularly with all the investment required in terms of security and facility upgrades so it'll like be a heavy burden (its almost as though they wanted it to be?).
MistAgain

Re: XdM 3.8 9mm sec7.3

#22 Post by MistAgain »

Pity Jeff is not with us any more .