Korth Revolvers

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Korth Revolvers

#11 Post by DaveB »

I think if you wanted to find a historical analogue to the Korth, it would be the Merwin Hulbert revolvers, which required very precise manufacturing tolerances, that are incredible considering the tools of the day and would be hard to find even today. The reason you don't see any Uberti or Pedersoli reproductions of Merwin Hulbert revolvers is that the cost of producing them and the hand-fitting required would price them out of the market.
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

Re: Korth Revolvers

#12 Post by waterford103 »

I had a Korth and as everyone has said superbly made , it was very accurate in .357 but I couldn't get it shoot .38 wadcutters so well , I sold it and bought a Manhurin MR32 which was superb and had it until stolen by my government.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933