LBR/LBP Gun Cabinet?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

jdwoodbury
Home club or Range: Stourport Pistol & Rifle Club

LBR/LBP Gun Cabinet?

#1 Post by jdwoodbury »

Hi Folks,

I have 2 of this style of firearm requested on my ticket, I also have a large pistol and 7 gun rifle safe. Now I am pretty sure I am not going to be able to fit a LBR in the pistol safe (with balance rod fitted) and its going to float around in the rifle safe. Anyone have a solution to this to prevent accidental damage in the safe?

JD
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Re: LBR/LBP Gun Cabinet?

#2 Post by Daryll »

How full is your rifle cabinet..?? I've drilled and pop-riveted a couple of coat hooks to the side wall of my rifle cabinet and hang my LBR and LBP up by their trigger guards, one above the other.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

Take-down shotgun safe.
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#4 Post by mr smith »

Daryll wrote:How full is your rifle cabinet..?? I've drilled and pop-riveted a couple of coat hooks to the side wall of my rifle cabinet and hang my LBR and LBP up by their trigger guards, one above the other.
Yeah pretty similar,fitted a length of wood down one side and two bits of dowel popped in at an angle and the guns hung on them.
jdwoodbury
Home club or Range: Stourport Pistol & Rifle Club

#5 Post by jdwoodbury »

Well my cabinet is empty at the moment as still waiting on the FAC :)
Good idea on the coat hooks, I could mount them on the back wall, should get one above the other.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#6 Post by safetyfirst »

I've wrapped several elastic bands round three of the dividers which causes the weight at the end of my 1911 and the circle at the end of my k22 to jam in the slot. They hang side by side by their coat hanger ends!
Rarms
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Rarms »

Daryll wrote:How full is your rifle cabinet..?? I've drilled and pop-riveted a couple of coat hooks to the side wall of my rifle cabinet and hang my LBR and LBP up by their trigger guards, one above the other.
Ditto. Also in another cabinet got the peg type locks that some shops use to keep guns on the walls and have fitted them to the back of the door
ordnance

#8 Post by ordnance »

How about this.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

I had to get a bit creative looking for space in my cabinet with my new rifle so now my LBP is on the back of the door of my cabinet. Along with my FAC Benelli M2 :D Stick on coat hooks ('Command' brand I think) and some strong magnets to keep them orientated correctly is all that is needed :good:
DVC
nickb834
Home club or Range: Wakefield R&PC, Warwickshire Armourers R&PC

#10 Post by nickb834 »

Blackstuff wrote:I had to get a bit creative looking for space in my cabinet with my new rifle so now my LBP is on the back of the door of my cabinet. Along with my FAC Benelli M2 :D Stick on coat hooks ('Command' brand I think) and some strong magnets to keep them orientated correctly is all that is needed :good:
I did this with the hooks - good shout on the magnets - never thought of that.....