Best .22lr LBP for practical comps

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

JammyGuns

Re: Best .22lr LBP for practical comps

#21 Post by JammyGuns »

http://www.brownells.co.uk/epages/UK.sf ... /100018338

Not cheap and be aware that they don't just fit in smooth and easy, you do have to be patient and do a bit of careful filing here and there. For me they've really transformed the pistol though.
Countryman

#22 Post by Countryman »

Got to disagree very strongly on the K22 needing fettling but then I bought mine new through Andy Haines. What it can be is a bit ammo fussy. It needs ammo with a bit of oomph to cycle. Obviously for true precision target work you want standard velocity ammo to reduce recoil and flip.

I love my K22 for practical. If I shot Gallery Pistol then perhaps the Buckmark is the way to go.

I owned a Buckmark for a week. It was reliable and accurate but a lump of iron to point, useless to the 2 left handed kids in my family and frankly looking very dated.

The polymer K22 has the weight and balance of a non stupid legislation Pistol and is fun to shoot. Loads of peeps in my club have them and I suspect we would all tell you the same.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#23 Post by Kungfugerbil »

^ My K22 needed nothing doing either, ran perfectly on warmer ammo - no FTF, FTE or anything like that at all. If using some of the nicer Eley target ammo it would occasionally need to be manually cycled but oddly ran perfectly on cheap Eley Sport (standard velocity).

Putting a teeny bit of moly paste on the slide rails after cleaning seemed to keep it cycling perfectly.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#24 Post by safetyfirst »

Mine was horrid till I sent it back, it came back a different gun (mine was one of the first ones) runs great now on 4/5 brands of ammo, hates some ammo but likes all the posh stuff.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#25 Post by Nelly2014 »

Not everyone wants to spend a fortune on guns especially if one is not particularly committed to competition or even that good at it. I just looked at the price of those sights and was shocked. I bought a s/h Shield for less than that. If you want to shoot LBP and don't want to get laughed at and/or miss everything you need a minimum of pistol, sights (red-dot or them as above), 6 mags (plus modding for larger capacity), belt with SAFE quick draw holster and mag holsters. This is over a grand already before you start shooting more expensive HV ammo.