k22 pistol owners feedback

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: k22 pistol owners feedback

#11 Post by Sim G »

It's certainly an alternative, but "better" is certainly subjective. Personally, I don't like Glock. I found them blocky and uncomfortable. The grip angle causes me to point low with it and the snappy recoil of a steel slide slamming back over a polymer frame just amplifies this. The triggers, even with a 3.5lb disconnect are just God awful...

But, they work. They work well seemingly going bang every time that nasty trigger is pressed! And they also seem to last forever. Glock have a G19 they keep for testing and supposedly it's had over a quarter of a million rounds through it.

A good friend was involved in the recent British Army pistol trials. He worked for a firm that supplied a competitor pistol. He stated that with all if the pistols entered, there really wasn't a bad one amongst them. He did say that there were certainly some better than Glock, but given the price that they were offered to the Army for, coupled with its inherent attributes, it was always going to win...

Not for me though... obviously, if we still could. Well, that and we don't live in Ulster. Or the Isle of Man. Or any if the Channel Islands. Or even British Protectorates or Overseas Territories....

Fock, I'm still bitter....!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
joe

#12 Post by joe »

Right decided to place an order for one, however mine is going to have a decocker / saftey! Will
Also have the ability to fire double action only

The slides on newer models have more cuts on it - which I take it was done to make it more reliable as it's all steel

Reading online the grand power 9mm passed the Slovak military trials
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

joe wrote:Right decided to place an order for one, however mine is going to have a decocker / saftey! Will
What's the reasoning behind double action only?
joe

#14 Post by joe »

BamBam wrote:
joe wrote:Right decided to place an order for one, however mine is going to have a decocker / saftey! Will
What's the reasoning behind double action only?

Not mine, it comes with it :-
Lever up - traditional safety
Lever in middle position - fire ; da/sa
Lever in down position - decocks hammer (if cocked) and double action only