The new SHED Bearing Surface Comparators.

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

The new SHED Bearing Surface Comparators.

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I had to build one of these in a rush this morning, this one is in 7mm and is destined to go to with a member of the GB team off to Raton next week.
GC001.jpg
I must admit I much prefer these to the column type BSC's I have made in the past, they have an alignment system built in, are quicker to use, there is far more 'feel' with them and they offer perfect repeatability when it comes to measuring the Bearing Surface Length.

They are a lot cheaper as well...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

Re: The new SHED Bearing Surface Comparators.

#2 Post by EagerNoSkill »

+100
It's is really world class kit :good:
Even my baboon fingers can now measure accurately :shakeshout:
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#3 Post by meles meles »

EagerNoSkill wrote: Even my baboon fingers can now measure accurately :shakeshout:
No, bald monkey, NO ! You might be surprised how inaccurate those electronic Vernier calipers are. Just because they display measurements to 4 decimal places doesn't mean they are accurate. Dare we suggest that if you send a batch of them to the NPL for calibration that perhaps 75% of them will be rejected?

We dares...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

I 100% agree that the measurements are only being taken to within the limitations of the measuring device. My Mitutoyo is in calibration (not the one in the picture) however using an old or cheap vernier is not going to help matters when it comes to accurate measurement taking
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal