Due to Recent Events - Add-on to House Rules re Threats

This is where our forum rules and regulations can be found, please adhere.
All new members dive in here and read the content before posting, please :)
The forum contact email is admin(at)full-bore.co.uk or dromia(at)full-bore.co.uk
OUR PRIVACY POLICY CAN BE FOUND IN HERE.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Due to Recent Events - Add-on to House Rules re Threats

#11 Post by bradaz11 »

nasty pms, threatening messages etc are nothing new to forums, its just some have so many members or members that only use it for pms and classifieds, that you never see it unless you mod. hell i stopped moderating on one of the uks biggest airsoft forums as i was tired of the petty squables and hate mail.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

If you think this is a weird forum you have led a very sheltered life. Even b mainstream for um standards this is a sea of calm, respect and gentleness. The moderation is light and is so because the instances of horribleness here is rare.
We are obviously not visiting the same forum. Iv been around forums for a lot of years now I still moderate on a few. Not all shooting forums. I don't recall any of them ever having moderators having to post cautioning members about threatening people.
nasty pms, threatening messages etc are nothing new to forums, its just some have so many members or members that only use it for pms and classifieds, that you never see it unless you mod. hell i stopped moderating on one of the uks biggest airsoft forums as i was tired of the petty squables and hate mail.
It must be down to shooting forums Iv never had any chew on any of the forums I frequent or moderate. Iv never had any instances of hate pms. Iv had spats with people but it usually dies very quickly. Iv said it before and Ill say it again I'm surprised by the amount of heat that is generated in some of the topics discussed on this forum.

I don't understand for the life of me why some one would want to threaten any body on a forum or in a pm its cyberspace for gods sake its not the real world.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#13 Post by bradaz11 »

alpha, i think you are forgetting...

and i forgot the /

When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#14 Post by Gundoc »

What surprises me is that people who I assume have a FAC, are willing to threaten someone in written form which could quite easily be presented to their issuing force as grounds for unsuitability.....

I adopt a simple theory online. If I wouldn't say it sober, to their face I won't say it online.

There are some in the shooting world who find it acceptable to be quite downright abusive and vindictive, safe in the knowledge that they aren't going to get the punch in the face they so richly deserve because law abiding types want to keep their FAC
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#15 Post by Maggot »

Gundoc wrote:What surprises me is that people who I assume have a FAC, are willing to threaten someone in written form which could quite easily be presented to their issuing force as grounds for unsuitability.....

I adopt a simple theory online. If I wouldn't say it sober, to their face I won't say it online.

There are some in the shooting world who find it acceptable to be quite downright abusive and vindictive, safe in the knowledge that they aren't going to get the punch in the face they so richly deserve because law abiding types want to keep their FAC
And there are a few that are on the radar ;) (not on here I might add).

The daft thing is that you might get away with threatening someone face to face if no one hears you....but online, in writing...FFS kukkuk
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

Threats and/or personal attacks on this forum will not be tolerated, whether in plain view, in PMs or off forum but forum related, this sort of behaviour will result in instant deactivation of the account.
I fully agree with this statement.
I hope that includes moderator's......because there's one on this forum how regular insults forum members and send vile pm messages....
But I find this response a bit worrying.
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#17 Post by froggy »

In the mean time, may I take the opportunity of this post to kindly remind my esteemed fellow members to please feel free to keep posting or sending me grossly racially insensitive frog bashing materials. Threats of drowning me under a shower of arrows "Agincourt style" back to Calais would of course be my all time favourite ... Quite frankly I start worrying that you lot has been a tad too much on the PC side recently ... :bad:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

froggy wrote:In the mean time, may I take the opportunity of this post to kindly remind my esteemed fellow members to please feel free to keep posting or sending me grossly racially insensitive frog bashing materials. Threats of drowning me under a shower of arrows "Agincourt style" back to Calais would of course be my all time favourite ... Quite frankly I start worrying that you lot has been a tad too much on the PC side recently ... :bad:
lol Always good to have you here to put things into perspective :good:
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#19 Post by 25Pdr »

froggy wrote:In the mean time, may I take the opportunity of this post to kindly remind my esteemed fellow members to please feel free to keep posting or sending me grossly racially insensitive frog bashing materials. Threats of drowning me under a shower of arrows "Agincourt style" back to Calais would of course be my all time favourite ... Quite frankly I start worrying that you lot has been a tad too much on the PC side recently ... :bad:

Bien dit monsieur :good:
Marmite5

#20 Post by Marmite5 »

This sort of nastiness on forums is usually down to just a few individuals who despite warnings just cannot stop themselves; they usually end up getting their accounts deleted and move on somewhere else to cause mayhem.