Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

#1 Post by David Nimrod »

I'll start with my 3 pistols, mid 1990's...

A Glock 21 (.45ACP) and two S&W 686 revolvers (.357Mag).

Happy Days :good:
Attachments
2581281434_90b92c58f7_z.jpg
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
ordnance

Re: Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

#2 Post by ordnance »

What happened to the pistols that were handed in. ? The 686 the most is popular revolver here, just wondering if some of them could have come from the pistols that were handed in.
David Nimrod

#3 Post by David Nimrod »

ordnance wrote:What happened to the pistols that were handed in. ?
I wish I knew.......
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

I live in Middlesbrough at the time of the ban Middlesbrough was one of the biggest steel making areas in the UK. British Steel was probably the second largest employer in the area after ICI (Imperial Chemical Industries) when I started for ICI there was 15,000 people working on the site I started my career on. They had at least three other sites in the area with similar numbers of employees.
Any way to get back on track. Guys I new who worked on the blast furnaces told tales of Police vans turning up on night shifts and the contents of the vans being shovelled into the furnace. How true it was I don't know but I'm sure there are lots of similar stories being bandied about.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the stuff I used to own. I did not keep any pictures it was to pain full to be reminded of what they stole from me.
ordnance

#5 Post by ordnance »

Alpha1 wrote:I live in Middlesbrough at the time of the ban Middlesbrough was one of the biggest steel making areas in the UK. British Steel was probably the second largest employer in the area after ICI (Imperial Chemical Industries) when I started for ICI there was 15,000 people working on the site I started my career on. They had at least three other sites in the area with similar numbers of employees.
Any way to get back on track. Guys I new who worked on the blast furnaces told tales of Police vans turning up on night shifts and the contents of the vans being shovelled into the furnace. How true it was I don't know but I'm sure there are lots of similar stories being bandied about.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the stuff I used to own. I did not keep any pictures it was to pain full to be reminded of what they stole from me.
Selling them would have being a better idea.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#6 Post by Dellboy »

ordnance wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:I live in Middlesbrough at the time of the ban Middlesbrough was one of the biggest steel making areas in the UK. British Steel was probably the second largest employer in the area after ICI (Imperial Chemical Industries) when I started for ICI there was 15,000 people working on the site I started my career on. They had at least three other sites in the area with similar numbers of employees.

Selling them would have being a better idea.

when has there ever been a good idea regarding firearms .?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

The local foundry in Bedford was used for melting down such things and I do wonder how many pipe fittings now in circulation are made up of hand guns and other similar items. One thing that was different is apparently they went in on day shift and were very carefully monitored during the destruction process.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
David Nimrod

#8 Post by David Nimrod »

Alpha1 wrote:
I did not keep any pictures it was to pain full to be reminded of what they stole from me.
I regularly look at this photo, precisely to remind myself of what was stolen from me...

Painful: Yes!

But necessary too, I reckon.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

David Nimrod wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:
I did not keep any pictures it was to pain full to be reminded of what they stole from me.
I regularly look at this photo, precisely to remind myself of what was stolen from me...

Why was it necessary?......it didn't stop criminals getting handguns.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#10 Post by bradaz11 »

snayperskaya wrote:
David Nimrod wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:

Why was it necessary?......it didn't stop criminals getting handguns.
I read that as reminding himself the pain is necessary, not the ban
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns