m&p 15-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

kyzer236
Home club or Range: Lingfield Rifle Club

Re: m&p 15-22

#11 Post by kyzer236 »

I've just got my ticket and am looking to get a M&P 15-22. Was dead set on the HK 416 D10RS But after seeing and reading various reviews I'm sold on the 15-22. Mainly due to it being the best replica AR-15 .22 around, I.e everything works rather than being for show. I've had a go with a 15-22 at my local club and love it. Was super dirty so wasn't the smoothest 50rnds but still fun.
OP - I really like the sound of the 15-22 you've got the chance to get. If you do buy it please can you post some pics?

Cheers,
Claire

Sent from my boing using "An application"
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#12 Post by bradaz11 »

of course
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Blackstuff

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

With a little bit of effort, and some expenditure of course, you can change the foreend on a 15-22. You would obviously have the issue with colour matching the new handguard with your receiver though. My suggestion would be to just get some colour match/contrast rail covers though. :good:

Enjoy the new shooter shakeshout
DVC
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#14 Post by David Nimrod »

Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#15 Post by saddler »

kyzer236 wrote:...the best replica AR-15 .22 around...
The Bremmer may take that honour.
Though it's not been made for a while, they're still easy to find...picked up a couple in the last year. Exact AR15 size/weight/balance as it uses genuine AR15 parts. The barrel is dedicated .22 & the bolt mechanism is the US military M261 (without the chamber section)
Their two versions are based on the M4 & the AR15A2.

Only MINOR niggle is they're based on the fixed A2 carry handle AR15 design upper receiver.
Blackstuff

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

David Nimrod wrote:Interesting link:

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/1 ... ischarges/
From what I've gathered from the S&W forum all of the guns involved had never been cleaned and were running on ammo that the 15-22's manual specifically says not to use! kukkuk
DVC
David Nimrod

#17 Post by David Nimrod »

Blackstuff wrote:
David Nimrod wrote:Interesting link:

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/09/1 ... ischarges/
From what I've gathered from the S&W forum all of the guns involved had never been cleaned and were running on ammo that the 15-22's manual specifically says not to use! kukkuk
Indeed...
Charlie J

#18 Post by Charlie J »

Never had any issues with my M & P , worked straight out the box which is more than I can say for my mates cmmg , although that's a great gun when it's working properly.
David Nimrod

#19 Post by David Nimrod »

Charlie J wrote:
...worked straight out the box which is more than I can say for my mates cmmg...
What were the issues with the CMMG..?

And which version was it..?

thankssign
Charlie J

#20 Post by Charlie J »

Firstly not an in depth survey of Cmmg just my mates one which as I said earlier is a lovely gun with a quality feel but seems to be let down now and again with frustrating niggles .

As for model etc I am not sure as I haven't taken enough interest in it however I know it's a standard supply and not a Lantac etc , and about a year old.

Problems I know about inc. cycling , not striking correctly , broken firing pin , would not work on a really cold day for some reason , All which have been rectified for now at least .

I was and still am considering a .223 Cmmg but the point I was making that in comparison the M & P seems more reliable at least between my gun and my mates.