Another ZOmbie Gun

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Robin128

Re: Another ZOmbie Gun

#21 Post by Robin128 »

I do remember my 1911 stove-piping and only liked round nose...but there again...I had the factory ramp.

Trigger pull was shoite.

Couldn't afford tuning at the time.

Still loved it for what it was.
tackb

#22 Post by tackb »

i would go for a .45 auto (you can't beat a bigger entrance wound than most exits!) but to be honest i feel a pistol is only really for fighting your way to a rifle...............
Blackstuff

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

Scotsgun wrote:
John25 wrote:So, If HMG said that you could have a pistol but it must be a Glock, you'd say no?

:? :)

You can have a Glock. The original Glock has historical significance as the first mass-manufactured polymer resin handgun.....and yes, i would turn one down. It's not the gun for me; i hate the feel in the hand and the look. There are a few revolvers that i'd prefer.
I'll have yours too then yer parky b*gger! :55: :D

A person at the Section 7 range near me has a Glock 22, i think i'd probably have heart failure if he ever told me how much it cost though :mrgreen:
DVC
Chuck

#24 Post by Chuck »

Walther P99AS Compacxt over here is now $3,800 PLUS tax at 18%!!!!!!!!! A Browning HP sport is about the same.

9mm is 0.64p a ban PLUS tax (like our VAT) at 18%

7.62x51 NATO is 70p/bang plus tax

.308WIN is $1.89 + tax /bang

Nagant 7.62 (x54) is $3.06 plus tax/bang

.22 Hornet is, wait for it

$3.60+tax per BANG! JEEZ!!!!!!!!

still, we can get shotgun slug over the counter by the truck load...no questions asked.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Scotsgun

#25 Post by Scotsgun »

Blackstuff wrote:A person at the Section 7 range near me has a Glock 22, i think i'd probably have heart failure if he ever told me how much it cost though :mrgreen:
Not as much as you'd think. A few unfired 17s and 22s recently went through Holts for about £700 quid each. The guide price was actually a few hundred higher. However there's a couple of Sig 522s about to go through which i'd hapilly sell my soul for.
Blackstuff

#26 Post by Blackstuff »

Scotsgun wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:A person at the Section 7 range near me has a Glock 22, i think i'd probably have heart failure if he ever told me how much it cost though :mrgreen:
Not as much as you'd think. A few unfired 17s and 22s recently went through Holts for about £700 quid each. The guide price was actually a few hundred higher. However there's a couple of Sig 522s about to go through which i'd hapilly sell my soul for.
But doesn't the gun have to be either historically or technologically important to qualify? Would a Glock being the first (as far as i know) polymer framed striker fired pistol be enough to qualify?
DVC