Well that will cut down on armed crime a lot...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ArcofZen

Re: Well that will cut down on armed crime a lot...

#11 Post by ArcofZen »

Wow, a 'terrifying arsenal' indeed! Londoners can sleep safe tonight 8-)
Rarms

#12 Post by Rarms »

DanTheMan wrote: Deactivated firearms, seized from one well known online shop and used as PR by the NCA,

Which shop?
HALODIN

#13 Post by HALODIN »

lol
saddler wrote:The most recent police data now shows that incidents of highway robbery have dropped right off the chart.
saddler

#14 Post by saddler »

Rarms wrote:
DanTheMan wrote: Deactivated firearms, seized from one well known online shop and used as PR by the NCA,

Which shop?
....a very sparse looking one.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#15 Post by DanTheMan »

Rarms wrote:

Which shop?
cold war collectables according to his internet posting last week.
Chuck

#16 Post by Chuck »

Saddler;
Too many cynics on here!
Those dangerous weapons are now off the streets, making the local community safer as a result.

The most recent police data now shows that incidents of highway robbery have dropped right off the chart.
signfunnypost lol lol

If ANYONE is "terrified" by those photos of junk and old Spanish repros from Benidorm they should seek professional help. Being "terrified" of or by inanimate objects is an illness, not rational thought.

Funny how those who are (easily) "terrified" by that load of old junk seem quite happy at loads of tooled up plods running around the streets "to keep them safe"
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Sim G

#17 Post by Sim G »

Chuck wrote: If ANYONE is "terrified" by those photos of junk and old Spanish repros from Benidorm they should seek professional help. Being "terrified" of or by inanimate objects is an illness, not rational thought.

Funny how those who are (easily) "terrified" by that load of old junk seem quite happy at loads of tooled up plods running around the streets "to keep them safe"

I dealt with a young girl, 23 years old, that on the second time of being robbed when employed in a building society, the fear actually caused her to freeze. She saw nothing but the muzzle of what was later found to be a replica. She obeyed no commands given to "fill the bag", nor did she register that the would be robber had left empty handed. And she was completely unaware that she had wet herself and was shaking as if having a fit.

It took "professional help" five years just to get the girl to leave her parents house, never mind carry on with her career or even life. The scroat got four years for attempted robbery. He was out walking around the streets three years before she was.

Able to discharge a shot or not, in the right circumstances pieces of crap like that still ruin lives. The less rubbish about reduces the availability of misuse which in turn, can't be used as a "statistic" to curtail our gun ownership. Derision you should reserve for the criminal not the police.

But hey, we've got some right big johnny big balls keyboard commandos on here after all....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#18 Post by Dark Skies »

Sim G wrote: Derision you should reserve for the criminal not the police.
T'was not always so.
Unfortunately the police have spent the last twenty years or so gradually stripping away our trust.
Either intentionally or clumsily - often both. Now we are where we are - guarding our every interaction with them and analysing everything they say to see when the sucker punch is coming.
Watching them lay bread crumbs to our door for the press to follow and point the finger.
In a number of cases we've been thrown to the wolves for their failings.

We may be a law-abiding bunch but that doesn't mean we're going to pay lip service to their PR stunts 'for the greater good'.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Sim G

#19 Post by Sim G »

Yeah, OK.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
ordnance

#20 Post by ordnance »

Derision you should reserve for the criminal not the police.
It should be reserved for whoever deserves it, including the police.