CSR Rifle Suitability

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
toffe wrapper

Re: CSR Rifle Suitability

#21 Post by toffe wrapper »

Your AE will be fine just enter & turn up, shoot practical optic for your first match.
You will be partnered with an experienced CSR shooter who will show you the ropes.
I shot with a REM 700 in an AICS last year no issues.
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#22 Post by Mikaveli »

Airbrush wrote:
Mikaveli wrote:Why the calibre restrictions in SO?

It would make sense to limit the BR / boutique stuff, but can't really understand why the 3 common Russian (service...) cartridges would be omitted?

Seems unnecessarily exclusive to me.

Russian stuff is shoite that's why. green55 :run:
So bad the ARs couldn't compete with it - and so they left the AKs to play with the AIs and the other proper guns. lol
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#23 Post by breacher »

It would make sense to limit the BR / boutique stuff, but can't really understand why the 3 common Russian (service...) cartridges would be omitted?

Civilian Service Rifle is a competition intended to be ( in as much as it can ) a civilian version of Service Rifle.

The permitted calibres are a reflection of this.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#24 Post by breacher »

Mikaveli wrote:
Airbrush wrote:

So bad the ARs couldn't compete with it - and so they left the AKs to play with the AIs and the other proper guns. lol
Speaking as someone who has used a Tigr SVD and a Saiga AKM in CSR, they might be suited to the rigours of combat and hitting man sized targets at 200-300 yards but CSR matches are shot out to 500 and many of the targets are considerably smaller !

Sure, I did not come last on the scoreboard but there are more suitable tools for the job.

There is nothing to stop you using an AK in CSR but then again, there is nothing to stop you driving a Citroen 2CV in a drag race.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#25 Post by Airbrush »

Mikaveli wrote:
Airbrush wrote:

troutslapping clapclap
Mikaveli

#26 Post by Mikaveli »

breacher wrote: Speaking as someone who has used a Tigr SVD and a Saiga AKM in CSR, they might be suited to the rigours of combat and hitting man sized targets at 200-300 yards but CSR matches are shot out to 500 and many of the targets are considerably smaller !

Sure, I did not come last on the scoreboard but there are more suitable tools for the job.

There is nothing to stop you using an AK in CSR but then again, there is nothing to stop you driving a Citroen 2CV in a drag race.
Going forwards it sounds like neither the AK nor the SVD are welcome in CSR.

Two other posters have said only 5.56 (.223), 7.62 (.308) and .303 are going to be allowed in SO.

As you say, an AK might not be very competitive - but that makes even less sense to exclude it. Not like they have an unfair advantage. lol

Not allowing 7.62x39, 7.62x54r etc (and the rifles that fire them) seems bizarre to me.
RBL Match
Home club or Range: NRA

#27 Post by RBL Match »

Mikaveli wrote:
Not allowing 7.62x39, 7.62x54r etc (and the rifles that fire them) seems bizarre to me.
All allowed as far as I can see unless they are HME.
Mikaveli

#28 Post by Mikaveli »

RBL Match wrote:
Mikaveli wrote:
All allowed as far as I can see unless they are HME.
We're being told conflicting things then - as I said, at least two other posters have said they're not (and they're not HME).

Anyone actually know?
RBL Match
Home club or Range: NRA

#29 Post by RBL Match »

Yes

If they are not HME they are allowed in NRA CSR Matches.
Mikaveli

#30 Post by Mikaveli »

RBL Match wrote:Yes

If they are not HME they are allowed in NRA CSR Matches.
OK, but where is the advice to the contrary coming from?

People interested in CSR need to know what they should bring / buy.