Just want to ask

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Just want to ask

#31 Post by snayperskaya »

If someone made a lever release or MARS AK or Dragunov I'd be on it like a tramp on chips!, and I'll stick my neck out and say an AK with either action would sell well.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#32 Post by Sixshot6 »

snayperskaya wrote:If someone made a lever release or MARS AK or Dragunov I'd be on it like a tramp on chips!, and I'll stick my neck out and say an AK with either action would sell well.
Scott did have a reason for going with the vz (the fact that csa will do the small batch numbers he asks for is one), another reason was the system being better suited, something about the striker fire system of the VZ being better suited. Also Scott travels around the world alot (he was taking a billion rounds of ammo to the Kurds last year, pretty much out and out told me the Iraqi government at the time had been purposely starving them of ammo so they would get massacred at the hands of ISIS and that Iraq would not likely survive as one nation for long) and maybe foresaw all the problems occuring with Russia. I think you might be able to deal with the factories in Bulgaria and Romania (they made some straight pulls for Rusmilitary), but anything might be problematic).

At this rate in the game, we should see where all this lantac and others who follow CCA and SGC is going to go. It might happen sooner than you think mate. I think the main stumbling block is that whoever holds patents on anything outside of the lever release (I've explained why I don't think its held on patent by anyone) will be so willing to share unless they get paid a good rate for use of what they've designed and the second thing is that guys making these things have been very careful to ensure its all legal and no fuss is kicked up, baby steps for now maybe.
Sixshot6

#33 Post by Sixshot6 »

But anyway, if any news come up about this New AR system of theirs, post it. Doesn't have to be this thread, although it might do good to have a consistent thread.

Does anyone think a consistent thread of developments by CCA, SGC, Lantac and others should receive its own regular consistent thread in the forum? Something like UK Center fire Semi-auto alternatives?
safetyfirst

#34 Post by safetyfirst »

Lantac have an odd phone system, it's not an answerphone! Say your name and it'll put you through.
Sixshot6

#35 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:Lantac have an odd phone system, it's not an answerphone! Say your name and it'll put you through.
I did not know that, Also does anyone know their email address? I can't seem to find it on their website? And what questions is Paul willing to answer about his new system? I don't want to compromise his patent, I'm a big believer in patent law and protection to protect innovation (I have one of those things called principles that certain politicians I won't name don't have). When you mean say your name, do you mean, say like John Smith or I'm John Smith?
safetyfirst

#36 Post by safetyfirst »

Literally just say your name. It's very odd, it's been that way as long as I can remember.
Sixshot6

#37 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:Literally just say your name. It's very odd, it's been that way as long as I can remember.
Thanks, well that confirms that they weren't being rude. I was concerned at the time, but it shows I had the wrong idea. Thank you. Are you too interested in what they might offer that we have been discussing?
Sixshot6

#38 Post by Sixshot6 »

Rburro2 wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:
HALODIN wrote:"Is it AR based" - Yes AFAIK.
"how long has Paul been working on it?" - No idea he hasn't said.
"only got an answer phone Is that normal or did I contact them in the wrong way" - Yes he's a busy man, so try an e-mail as well.
ok, its just at the time I wanted a magpul afg, but ending up using Zahal to get a fab ptk. I didn't realise he got that busy. Next time, it'll be an email then. I just feel an AR15 type might be up my street for the ease of optic mounting and heavier barrels. Any idea if they barrels will be HBAR type at all? Its just I don't think gov or socom profile barrels make much sense in the uk due to them being mostly range guns, even for ipsc a hbar is probably a better option.
If its going to be a bipod queen then go heavy on the barrel but if not and you intend to do more positional/practical shooting then a more standard profile barrel will be lighter. I shot an sgc lever release .223 the other month and although the action will take some getting use to it shot well what I found was that is is rather a heavy girl even with a 14 inch barrel. Is Paul working on lever/ mars rifle I suspect so as that seems to be the way things are going only price seems to be the limiting factor at present as although Bobs gun has come down its still darn expensive.
Forgot to add mate, I don't think it was the HBAR that was giving alot of the weight. In the US Colt has two carbines that represent different barrel profiles. The 6721 is hbar, the 6920 is gov profile. The 6721 is 9.5 lbs give or take while the 6920 is around 7.5 lbs. Whats actually causing the 223 lever release weight is the gas piston design that while more reliable is heavier, especially if its in the front end while DI like most AR's have is in the back, so its front weight you were getting.
safetyfirst

#39 Post by safetyfirst »

I'm interested in most things black and rifled.
Sixshot6

#40 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:I'm interested in most things black and rifled.
One thing that occurred to me is a feature that might prove useful, though if it knocked up the cost they could keep it off for all I care is a gas regulator like on a FAL and some AR's you see in the US like the Ruger SR556. Would make it a handloaders dream and good for all the different ammo out there.