And so it begins...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
The Cupcake Kid

Re: And so it begins...

#91 Post by The Cupcake Kid »

forward observer wrote:All the information in the article is correct,it even says these are less pokey than cf cartridges,but it is in its set out,very misleading......
This is why complaints to the journalist and PCC will make no difference. It's all down to interpretation, opinion and the way they present the facts in a piece.

Even if some of the information was complete lies, the probability is that nothing would happen because they print lies and made up nonsense every single day without any repercussions.

They'll keep on doing it unless the issues highlighted by the Leveson report are taken seriously and acted upon. That reminds me... where's all the new, improved press regulation they promised they'd sort out themselves?

Anyone?
"Wherever Pie Man is, The Cupcake Kid will not be far behind"
forward observer

#92 Post by forward observer »

Wait until they see the 9mm lever release or get a video of soneone shooting it near full auto (rapid anyhow) then we will see the s*** storm stirred,or how about lbp or lbr,quite legal but in the spirit of the pistol ban laws introduced? I said at the time the black rifles were gonna put us on the spot.....just have to see what happens,as i see it the story has not been picked up or syndacated by anyone as yet,its been a week has it not......
forward observer

#93 Post by forward observer »

Also,as far as the nra response went....seeing as all the information in the article was actually there it was just very misleading,i felt the letter written by them to the sun could have been structerd more to attack the misleading aspect,it was in my opinion no better written than my allotment gardening committee chairman writes to his subjects about rubbish disposal......not the kind of professionally crafted letter i would expect penned from someone holding a very,very well paid job,supposedly representing our intresets.........anyhow as said,lets see what does happen,and i suppose at least they repplied at all....so not all negative....