RING DAMN YOU!

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

BaconButty
Home club or Range: ARPC

RING DAMN YOU!

#1 Post by BaconButty »

No real reason for posting this, just venting I guess.

I put my application in 6 weeks ago today, I got a confirmation letter a few days later and I phoned this week to check up and was told its all in hand, I'll get a call to arrange a visit soon.. But still nothing!!

The jarring thing is that someone I know who put his application just a week earlier got a call and visit exactly one month later. He had a different FEO though :(

This is Hampshire who have a "upto 16 week" wait according to their site.

I know there's nothing to do but be patient.. but I want to play!! :(
John25

Re: RING DAMN YOU!

#2 Post by John25 »

16 weeks is a long time, you have my sympathy - not that it helps of course.

Look on the bright side, the weather should be warmer!

:good:
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
Primer

#3 Post by Primer »

BaconButty wrote:No real reason for posting this, just venting I guess.

I put my application in 6 weeks ago today, I got a confirmation letter a few days later and I phoned this week to check up and was told its all in hand, I'll get a call to arrange a visit soon.. But still nothing!!

The jarring thing is that someone I know who put his application just a week earlier got a call and visit exactly one month later. He had a different FEO though :(

This is Hampshire who have a "upto 16 week" wait according to their site.

I know there's nothing to do but be patient.. but I want to play!! :(
16 weeks bang on for mine but only because I harassed them as my SGC expired it took them so long.

Been advised at least 3 months for a variation too.
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#4 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Don't wish for ringing if you are a shooter!!!!! troutslapping

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/what-is-tinnitus
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
BaconButty

#5 Post by BaconButty »

Fair point! In the case I mean the phone, specifically! :)
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#6 Post by Gaz »

I was talking on Twitter with the Shooting Times magazine and the Chief Constable of Hampshire (I'm not namedropping, that's genuinely how bizarre the internet is!) and apparently Hants have a target time of 42 days to turn around FACs.

Assuming he meant working days, I make that just over EIGHT MONTHS!
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
BaconButty

#7 Post by BaconButty »

I'd heard they were getting over 120 new applications a month as well :o
phaedra1106

#8 Post by phaedra1106 »

Gaz wrote:Hants have a target time of 42 days to turn around FACs. Assuming he meant working days, I make that just over EIGHT MONTHS!
Surely 42 working days is just over 8 weeks, not 8 months?

As an aside, Durham have had my FAC for over 10 weeks for a change of address and variation while they debate the solid slug conditions they put on last year!.

Having had my club get in touch with them again last week (and remind them they had the same problem with them 3yrs ago) I rang the Firearms Manager again yesterday and she sounded quite happy and apologised for the delay, apparently it's on her desk and is next in the queue to be done today and she's going to ring or email me, didn't say what the result was so still waiting to find that out.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
tkd67

#9 Post by tkd67 »

Mate you have my sympathy. i posted mine off dec 24th and now its march 22nd......as said i should forget nearly 3 weeks due to xmas and new year...

Had my visit 3 weeks yesterday and it was un anounced....and he said the fac should take 4 weeks to reach me, and he was not joking..so hopefully nxt week it should be in my hand....i have phoned in the past but makes little diference..its just a case of being patient, so before the end of march im hoping to be staring into the rifle safe and drooling over a. 22 semi..223 straight pull and. 44 marlin.....p.s sometimes i do feel its been a big p***. ......
phaedra1106

#10 Post by phaedra1106 »

Update!.

Got a call as promised, I can collect my FAC on Monday, couldn't put 300aac or 300BLK on as a calibre as it's not on the list!, only 300 Whisper (which is the older version), wouldn't put 30cal rifle either, also wouldn't leave the action type off so put "300 cal bolt action rifle" which she reckons covers straight pulls as well.

So, in theory, I could nip out and buy a 300WSM or 300 Win Mag or even a 300 Remington Ultra Mag :grin: lol

Forgot to ask what happened about the solid slug but as she didn't mention a problem I'm assuming they are still on.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)