RING DAMN YOU!

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

BaconButty
Home club or Range: ARPC

Re: RING DAMN YOU!

#21 Post by BaconButty »

Mmm it's not ideal, but given that he *started* be claiming concerns of the about of firearms asked for, I thought I wouldn't push it too much on a little knock back on ammo limits. As it stands right now though, I won't be doing back to back comps yet anyway, which is why I didn't kick up a fuss. When I'm more experienced and active with comps, then I can apply for a variation to up the limit.
tkd67

#22 Post by tkd67 »

Nice 1 mate, glad the balls finally rolling, it does wear you down with all the waiting, lets hope the ticket comes through quickly.
From visit to ticket , that was the same time from posting original application, the final wait was due to the officer not pulling out his finger.
I had ammo wise the same, but just double 223 44 357, happy enough, a week or so after you get it, you forget about the painful months of waiting. :good:
BaconButty

#23 Post by BaconButty »

4 weeks since the visit, just phoned to check on the progress and the FEO hasn't submitted a report yet :bad:

I know they're overworked and he has to do things like check my attendance at the club etc... But still :squirrel:
knewmans

#24 Post by knewmans »

I had to delay my FEO interview because of personal circumstances and when I said I was ready he came the same day. He'd had had to explain to his boss why the interview hadn't been done in the target time. He said to expect the FAC in 3-4 weeks from the interview.

Between speaking to him in the morning and the interview he'd spoken to both my referees and club membership had already been checked.
Ken
BaconButty

#25 Post by BaconButty »

Thanks, next time I fall down I'll let you come kick me too. party2
Ovenpaa

#26 Post by Ovenpaa »

The first wait is always the longest ****
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
knewmans

#27 Post by knewmans »

Wasn't trying to make you feel bad but there is obviously a big difference between areas. Once its in the system I'm not sure what you can do to influence it. It may have been that my self imposed delay allowed work to be done that would otherwise have been done after the interview.

I'm still impatient to get the piece of paper and don't know when it will come or if what we agreed at the interview will be granted.
Ken
BaconButty

#28 Post by BaconButty »

knewmans wrote:Wasn't trying to make you feel bad but there is obviously a big difference between areas. Once its in the system I'm not sure what you can do to influence it. It may have been that my self imposed delay allowed work to be done that would otherwise have been done after the interview.

I'm still impatient to get the piece of paper and don't know when it will come or if what we agreed at the interview will be granted.
T'was said tongue-in-cheeky mate :)

Yeah unfortunately Hampshire seem to be one of the worst, there's bugger all that can be done to influence it either.
BaconButty

#29 Post by BaconButty »

Well, phoned end of last week, and the desk officer said he had seen the FEO in the office so will get him to dig out the paper work. Sounds promising..

Until I was at the club this week and a chap who applied at the end of April (I applied at beginning of Feb) told me that he'd had his FEO visit 2 weeks ago (so overall quicker than I'd had mine) and that he'd had a nice envelope land on his doormat that morning!!!!!!!! Two weeks his FEO took to process it and now he has his ticket! Image (but good for him :good: )

So I thought, sod it, I'll call again and find out exactly where the paperwork is... only to find that Hampshires system is down today! ImageImage
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#30 Post by HALODIN »

I think it can vary depending on the background checks they do to approve your certificate. Mine turned up in 6 weeks after the application, which is remarkably quick for my county and I suspect it's because I'd been CRB checked to death by my employer for certain sensitive customers. I'm sure there are other reasons why some turn up quickly. On a positive note, it gives you a bit more time to think about what you want and save up for it. Have you ordered any rifles yet?