Short Siberia - The Notice on NRA Website

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
alexham

Short Siberia - The Notice on NRA Website

#1 Post by alexham »

The following notice has appeared on NRA website

Short Siberia and Century Range Works

Increasing demand for range hire on Short Siberia has resulted in a schedule of works to deliver enhanced 100 and 200 yard shooting facilities at Butt 19 Century range. Works commence Monday 25th March and are expected to last 5/6 weeks, and include new service road, pedestrian access, raised 100 yard firing point and improved car parking and toilets. We are finalising proposals for six new electronic targets for use at 100, 200 and 300 yards.

Early tests to replace number boards on Century have not proved as successful as hoped and improved boards are being tested with the renumbering expected to be completed by the end of April.

End of NRA official notice-----------------------------------------------

Dear Muppets,

I am amused and intrigued by the announcement made by the NRA, reproduced above, which has been variously described as INGENUOUS, CONFUSING and JUST MORE LIES!

Being just an ordinary annual muppet, I have heard nothing about the nuclear police, so all I could do is compare the notice with what I see on the ground. In my opinion "the words and numbers do not match", so I offer you an edited version as below:-

Short Siberia Range Works

Increasing demand for range hire on Short Siberia has FORCED THE
TRUSTEES TO CLOSE IT DOWN TO MEMBERS MONDAYS TO FRIDAYS!
A schedule of
works will be undertaken to deliver a REDUCED 100 and 200 yard shooting
facilities at Butt 19 Century range. Works commence on Monday 25th March
and are expected to last 5/6 weeks, and include new service road,
pedestrian access, raised 100 yard firing point and improved car parking
and toilets. THESE NEW FACILITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY WHEN CENTURY IS
IN REVERSE ECHELON AND ARE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE SOMEWHAT LESS THAN HALF
OF THE FACILITIES ENJOYED BY MEMEBERS PREVIOUSLY!
We are finalizing
proposals for six new electronic targets for use at 100, 200 and 300
yards. These will be our standard round bull targets mit ze television
and you vill like it or lump it! Social undesirables who like to use special targets like Tin Hat, Fig.11, HBSA Historic, Bison etc., can sod off somewhere else. It was our firm intention to provide a range that does not quite fit anyone's needs and we can proudly say (split infinitive) that we have succeeded.

Early tests to replace number boards on Century have not proved as successful as hoped and improved boards are being tested with the renumbering expected to be completed by the end of April. It now hoped that that the second attempt will be successful (God willing), so that the members will not be expected to pay three times for this incredibly simple work. We hope because we are not sure.

So, there you are dear muppets. Please note that capitals are only there to attract your attention.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Short Siberia - The Notice on NRA Website

#2 Post by kennyc »

you really need to work on that attitude, the NRA are actually trying new things, there is no evidence as far as I can see, that they are willfully wasting money or ignoring the membership in general, yet you persist in you abusive attacks on the NRA and now the members of FB-UK ? I have said it several times , but once more for luck, I as a simple user of SS was aware of the CNC use of SS last year, I was not alone in this knowledge at the time, and if you are as involved in the whole rights of the membership deal as you claim, then you were obviously remiss in your self given duty if you managed to allow such and important point to go unnoticed!and yet you have the cheek to come on to this forum and call us muppets ? I suggest you get in line, join the General Council or whatever and put up or shut up! (which ever, your choice!)
karen

#3 Post by karen »

OK moderators you want this to stay on track . . .

I OBJECT most strongly to Mr Hamilton calling me a muppet and I would like him treated appropriately

Karen
Dougan

#4 Post by Dougan »

I though you were allowing free-speech - why are we not allowed to make our feelings known in the way were were doing?

Also if you are going to remove posts; an explanation, or even a PM would be nice....
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

Off topics and thread hijacks have never been allowed on any forum as far as I know and if it has happened on this forum then it has been followed with an apology.

I did not think I had to point that out to any member of this forum.

As for the word muppet, I take it as a generalisation and frankly, Karen, I would not take it personally if I was you.
Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

Oh come on - hijacks happen all the time...and anyway this one was obviously deliberate...and even so it's surely not as bad a slandering people...

apart from that 'rent' rubbish, Mr. Alex has constantly been saying things like "which has been variously described as INGENUOUS, CONFUSING and JUST MORE LIES!" (in the above post)...

...who excactlly, other than himself, is saying it's "just more lies"?
karen

#7 Post by karen »

Sorry Christel but Mr Hamilton has been insulting me and others on several threads now and frankly we are getting fed up of it.

The notice he has just referred to was posted on 22 March so not sure why it hasn't taken so long for him to notice but yet again he is bad mouthing the NRA and the members of this forum.

Unfortunately people read what he has written and believe it to be true

Love

Karen
Last edited by karen on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#8 Post by Mikaveli »

If everyone on here becomes an RFD no one would be allowed to say anything bad...
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#9 Post by Strangely Brown »

I just wonder if Alex Hamilton shot CSR; would he still be here?

Quite frankly the moderation on this site never seems to be even handed........
Mick
Agentfunky
Home club or Range: PSSA

#10 Post by Agentfunky »

karen wrote:OK moderators you want this to stay on track . . .

I OBJECT most strongly to Mr Hamilton calling me a muppet and I would like him treated appropriately

Karen

Seconded.