Shooting SHED Newsletter May 2013 #1

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa

Shooting SHED Newsletter May 2013 #1

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

The SHED is going to the Phoenix!

This is our first newsletter ever and the BIG News in this newsletter is that the Shooting SHED/Dansk Gevaer will be at the Bisley Phoenix meeting 24th – 26 th of May 2013, this will be our first ever trade show so all very exciting.

The plan is we will be located in our very own Shooting SHED trade stand next to the NRA office building on the opposite side to the Pavilion. Hopefully you will not be able to miss the stand which is a black pop up affair with the Shooting SHED logo along the sides and front. Inside you will find myself, Christel, James, Shaun from Optics Warehouse and of course Zeus the dog.

Shaun of Optics Warehouse fame will be showing the exciting new range of IOR scopes plus other high end optics such as Nightforce, Bushnell Elite Tactical etc. He will also be bringing along some Nikon rifle scopes at special show prices so you are guaranteed to find a bargain. There will be lots of other goodies as well to give you an opportunity to look first hand at their range and of course save some postage on any purchases.

We will also have guest appearances including current European F/TR champion Tim Stewart who will be demonstrating C2R over the three days so if you have a rifle barrel that needs cleaning, give it to Tim! Ask nicely and he may even share some of the secrets that led to his success at the Euros end of last year.

Products on display will include: A range of shiny things from the SHED including our cleaning rod guides, bag rider systems and the Shooting SHED ‘scope alignment system. Also on display will be the popular SHED OAL gauge and the new modular 2P cartridge comparator system. We will also have the new offset rail mounted front bag rider system that has just given Darrel Evans yet another UK Bench Rest league win.

Our new range of lightweight actions and rifle chassis systems: The Phoenix will also see the UK launch of the new range of C.G INCH rifle actions and chassis systems, we are building these as part of a collaborative project with Chris Quartermaine of Action Clear in Australia and the Action designer Robert Chombart of C.G INCH/RPA Quadlock and Millenium fame. Robert has a proven history of rifle action designs and 51 out of 96 Palma Match team shooters used C.G action variants at the 2011 Brisbane World Long Range Championships. Additionally, within the TOP 7 positions 5 were C.G Actions 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 7th places. Robert certainly knows how to design rifle actions.

M59 rifle actions: The LMT (Light Metal Target) and the LMR (Light Metal Repeater) As an example the LMR weighs 830 grams including the trigger and has a Remington 700 external foot print to drop into existing stock systems, it is very different inside and it features a 22,0mm core diameter 3 lug bolt amongst other things.

M66 rifle system: This is our lightweight tube rifle featuring an M59 type receiver as an integral part of the chassis system. This is a purpose built rifle system as opposed to the more conventional systems which simply sleeve an existing rifle action; this means we can offer a very rigid, slimmer lighter rifle in both single shot and repeater versions, both include the C.G trigger and 20 minute ‘scope rail and the repeater takes the industry standard AICS magazines in either 5 or 10 shot.

The M66 chassis is fully adjustable including LOP, butt offset and height and a fully adjustable cheek piece including forward/aft, height and cant control so you really can set this rifle to suit your shooting style and position as opposed to trying to adapt your position to a more conventional chassis system. Key areas of adjustment are graduated and laser etched so you can return to your settings when needed and the rear section features a quick release latch from the main tube for ease of cleaning and bolt removal.

Options are available for F Class and Target Rifle including accessory rail, TR option front tube adapter, and front bag rider adjustable for offset, rear bag rider adjustable for height and anatomical hand grips.

M75 rifle chassis system: This is our new tubular chassis system for the C.G INCH action and features a one piece tube and the same fully adjustable chassis system as the M66 including the LOP, butt offset and height and a fully adjustable cheek piece including forward/aft, height and cant control so you really can set this rifle to you as opposed to trying to adapt your position to a more conventional chassis system. Key areas of adjustment are graduated and laser etched so you can return to your settings when needed and the rear section features a quick release latch from the main tube for ease of cleaning and bolt removal.

All of the new actions and chassis systems are vapour honed and type 3 hard anodised to military specification and can be supplied in other colours by special demand.

The full range of C2R products will be available at special show prices along with a range of cleaning patches, spear point jags and brushes including hard aluminium and stainless jags to minimise false copper indication when cleaning. We will also have Tim Stewart with us some of the time to demonstrate the use of C2R, so don’t forget to ask him lots of questions!

Also on show will be the new acoustic Steinert SuperChrono, this Norwegian produced chronograph offers many advantages over the more traditional chronographs including increased sensing range, the ability to be placed down range for confirming velocity at target and G7 calculations, plus the ability to work in any light conditions as it uses acoustic sensors to detect the passing bullet. We have tested the SuperChrono against some of the competition and find it very accurate against the very best systems on the market. In our opinion this is one of the very best offerings of its kind and it is already in use at some of the UK ranges as well as by some of our top shooters.

We will of course be stocking some SHED merchandise including the much coveted SHED beanie hats.

We will also be bringing the more common reloading consumables
that we stock at our normal super competitive prices, if you are after specific items please let us know and we will bring them along so you can pick it up from the show and save on postage.

There will be many other things on display and I will update you as we get closer to the show dates. We are all looking forward to putting some faces to the many names we have corresponded with and spoken to over the last year.

David & Christel May 2nd 2013
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Shooting SHED Newsletter May 2013 #1

#2 Post by Mike357 »

Excellent! I'll know where to find you now rather than looking for the tall bloke with a beard and a red haired Viking!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#3 Post by User702 »

Heh, although a bearded tall bloke and a red-haired Viking are not your normal, everyday people. Except in Suffolk several hundred years ago.

See you there.
Matt
Home club or Range: Bisley

#4 Post by Matt »

Excellent, look forward to seeing you there :goodjob:
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#5 Post by 20series »

Pleased to see the announcement made :goodjob: I sadly won't be able to pop by for a looksey and a chat as I'm likely to be in Germany that weekend but I wish you both success with the latest leg of the Shooting Shed journey :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Alan :cheers:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Blu

#6 Post by Blu »

We will also have guest appearances including current European F/TR champion Tim Stewart
Who? Never heard of the guy :twisted:

Seriously though I wish you every success at the Phoenix.

Blu :twisted:
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#7 Post by shugie »

I shall come and say hello at some point.
Careful now/that sort of thing
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#8 Post by kennyc »

I will try and dust off the shorts and turn up to bug y'all tongueout if you are taking stock, I will PM you an order for .223 and .308?
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

It will be great to see you all :good:
Dougan

#10 Post by Dougan »

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys at the new stand...

...I'll try not to heckle Tim while he's demonstrating razz