good reason for more ammo?

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
paxtond

good reason for more ammo?

#1 Post by paxtond »

Hi guy.

i am looking to up my hold limit for my .22lr ammo. i currently have 2200 hold limit and would like to increase this to 5000.

looking online is says buying in bulk for cost savings is not a good reason. but how about buying in bulk in order to match the batch you are using.

i have been using eley tenX and having good results with it, i want to go down and have my barrel batch tested at the eley test centre but they only sell batch tested ammo in boxes of 5000.

anybody had any experience with this kind of thing?

I'm under Herts police, who so far i has nothing but praise for.
DanTheMan
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: good reason for more ammo?

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

If you need 5,000 for a batch purchase then that's your good reason, if you have storage then there should be no issue, paying almost a grand for ammo is hard on the wallet though.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

I know 15+ people who have 30,000 plus keep,reason is to buy a batch.....I've got 5500 and I've never used it....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by IainWR »

The batch matching argument is actually mentioned in the Guidance (para13.47 suggests buy 5000 hold 6000 is reasonable for serious competitors and morecould be authorised in some circumstances).
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#5 Post by shugie »

Nice idea, if I buy 1000 RWS at the NRA Range Office I can get it for 90p a bang rather than 98p. Not sure I've got either the spare cash or the space to store it, so the lower limit on my FAC isn't going to be an issue.
Careful now/that sort of thing
rox

#6 Post by rox »

IainWR wrote:The batch matching argument is actually mentioned in the Guidance (para13.47 suggests buy 5000 hold 6000 is reasonable for serious competitors and morecould be authorised in some circumstances).
The notes don't mention specifics for full-bore rifle ammo - do you know what is considered acceptable for a 'serious target shooter'?

Thanks!
paxtond

#7 Post by paxtond »

Thanks guys, il stick in the request and see what they say.

On a side not I have 1000 hold for .308 with no issues
SevenSixTwo

#8 Post by SevenSixTwo »

I'm actually kicking myself for asking for a 1000 rnd limit. Will be upping it to 3000 on next variation as there's usually good savings on 1000 slabs.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
paxtond

#9 Post by paxtond »

thanks guys

one more question, I'm about to do a 1 - 1 to re-open a .22lr slot, can i ask for some more ammo while i am at it or will that attract a £26 fee?
Sandgroper

#10 Post by Sandgroper »

paxtond wrote:thanks guys

one more question, I'm about to do a 1 - 1 to re-open a .22lr slot, can i ask for some more ammo while i am at it or will that attract a £26 fee?
It shouldn't attract the £26 fee, but your Force might have a different interpretation to mine.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.