what type of apocalypse?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Dougan

Re: what type of apocalypse?

#21 Post by Dougan »

No Chuck - As a single man in my 40s, I'm absolutely sure that some of my opinions on marriage and having children would offend too many on here...

...which is also probably why I'm a single man in my 40s.... razz
Christel
Site Admin

#22 Post by Christel »

Dougan wrote:No Chuck - As a single man in my 40s, I'm absolutely sure that some of my opinions on marriage and having children would offend too many on here...

...which is also probably why I'm a single man in my 40s.... razz
clapclap clapclap :lol:
knewmans

#23 Post by knewmans »

A reduction in population by 50% would be almost negligible. That just takes you back to the 1980s. If everyone wants our standard of living and be sustainable with the reduced availability of difficult to extract resources such as oil you might have to go back to iron age populations of maybe a million in the UK. Then a capitalist industrial society wouldn't be possible. Not enough labour.
Ken
tackb

#24 Post by tackb »

well i'm going to kick off if port stocks get low or there is a shortage of cohibas (particulally siglo 6 or behikes)

that sh1t's just not funny!
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by Sandgroper »

knewmans wrote:A reduction in population by 50% would be almost negligible. That just takes you back to the 1980s. If everyone wants our standard of living and be sustainable with the reduced availability of difficult to extract resources such as oil you might have to go back to iron age populations of maybe a million in the UK. Then a capitalist industrial society wouldn't be possible. Not enough labour.
According to this site it would take us back to late 60's/early 70's. In any case if every second person was gone I think the result would be a bit more than negligible.

Plus with the advances in technology I don't think labour will be a problem and you could argue that a capitalist industrial society is why we are having this discussion in the first place! ;)
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Chuck

#26 Post by Chuck »

Dougan - are you boasting or complaining? :lol: :lol:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Burner

#27 Post by Burner »

I'm a little late getting to this one but....

A large scale global economic collapse could lead to any and all of listed apocalypse's.

Governments would fail, wars can and would break out over recourses, when that happens it would only be a matter of time until someone pops off a nuke or two, Those would also deliver EMP. Disease would run rampant as the world as we know it collaspes.
Solar activity is also a strong possibility.

So I would say yes any or all of the above will be the apocalypse.
Random Yank.
Dougan

#28 Post by Dougan »

Burner - I think you and me should set up business as motivational speakers for the depressed :lol:

Can you put a positive spin on the apocalypse? - How about the fact that if a total apocalypse happened now; by default, we would be the generation with the most knowledge of our past...and, we would also know, unlike many billions of others who could only speculate, how it all actually ended...

...so not all bad razz
Burner

#29 Post by Burner »

Can you put a positive spin on the apocalypse?
Yup I can!

What with 20 years of military training, Mechanical Engineering degrees, hands on real world skills in metal working, and mechanical/electrical repair and design, not to mention gunsmithing.

In a world full of shop clerks, computer geeks, and desk jockeys, with no shops, computers, or desks to tend........

Burner would be a very rich boy. :shakeshout:
Random Yank.
Chuck

#30 Post by Chuck »

Vast swathes of society would be screwed as faceshitter and twatter would be off line, as would TV and footie! That in itself may provoke an apocalypse as millions struggle to get a life.

Oh.....and the currency would be what Burner? Gold? Silver? Food and water? ammo?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!