The Walking Dead

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
scanbran

Re: The Walking Dead

#51 Post by scanbran »

BamBam wrote:Did anybody else notice the RPG rockets had the tail fins attached?
So wrong.

Didn't really notice that, although in the after-show thing, they did say the rocket launcher was a real one the makers had used.
BamBam

#52 Post by BamBam »

The tail fins are contained inside the booster, you never see them until the projectile is in flight, or the damaged remains after they've hit something.
The booster is filled with little strips of propellant, the firing pin on the RPG acts vertically onto the booster primer.

Real launcher maybe, but they didn't make much effort on the ammo.
Blackstuff

#53 Post by Blackstuff »

Gun geekery at its finest, keep it up lads! :D

I thought it was another fairly dull episode, although it does look like we've just seen The Saviours.

For anyone who watched the Talking Dead show afterwards, did you agree that the fuel truck was who they were refering to as 'Patty'? I didn't as there was a zombie inside the (closed) cabin and it appeared to be suggested that it had been used to run down the biker zombie which had clearly been there for a very long time.
DVC
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#54 Post by Airbrush »

shakeshout
Blackstuff

#55 Post by Blackstuff »

I told yee, dinnae i tell yer!

I wonder if 'crawl under the dumpster' witll replace 'jump the shark'? lol
DVC
scanbran

#56 Post by scanbran »

I would have bet on Glen surviving, but it still seemed a bit of a cop out.

It doesn't detract from what promises to be an epic mid-season finale next week, though. Alexandria breached at last?

More misery for everyone :good:
safetyfirst

#57 Post by safetyfirst »

I'd have bet on it too. It looked like someone else's guts at the time. You could clearly see how they fell.

Mate of mine told me glen had been written out and his contract was done. Git.
Airbrush

#58 Post by Airbrush »

Personally I don't think it was a 'jump the shark' moment, I'm just glad he didn't die in such a s*** way.
Blackstuff

#59 Post by Blackstuff »

scanbran wrote:
It doesn't detract from what promises to be an epic mid-season finale next week, though. Alexandria breached at last?

More misery for everyone :good:
That really annoyed me to be honest. For one the damage to the building was done to the opposite side to the wall and so it would've fell the opposite way. The next thing was that Rick was shoring up the defences about 30m away from it and A/ failed to notice how damaged it was, depsite the all most constantly falling cladding/boards warning of it moving, B/ Seemed to chose a random piece of wall to reinforce rather than actually look at what needed to be done.

Plot line excuse-tastic.

My money is now on the Alexandrians being 'rescued' at the last minute by The Saviours and all that will entail. Poor Glenn.
DVC
Airbrush

#60 Post by Airbrush »

Surprised at the body count last night, I predict 'Porchdick's' family gets it in the next episode & Gabriel goes out in style trying to save them. Also Tara will get it to trying to rescue her new squeeze.