Police confiscated my 150 year old muzzle loader.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Spiggy

Re: Police confiscated my 150 year old muzzle loader.

#71 Post by Spiggy »

Mezzer wrote:Spiggy;

Good luck. Hope it works out well for you.

Mezzer

Cheers, Mezzer. Thanks for that . Spiggy.
Countryman

#72 Post by Countryman »

Well good luck to you.

There is a lot of information on that link I sent you regarding the blank firers suitability to discharge CS. A happy outcome amid the Trolls.

The antique wall piece should be an embarrassment to the police.

I hope you go to the press after you are discharged and talk about how much public money has been wasted here to get nowhere.
Spiggy

#73 Post by Spiggy »

Thanks, everyone, for all your responses, especially the recent ones. I must admit to floundering a tad of late, largely due to the complexity of the case, the obfuscation of the CPS, compounded by their incessant changes to the charges, and their failure to present to the Court a formal indictment ( three times I have now appeared at Court for this latter purpose, only to have the CPS state on each ocassion that their appointed prosecutor had been changed yet again at the very last moment, and that the newbie hadn't had time to study the papers yet ; my God, was the Judge angry about that ! )

Cheers,
Spiggy Topes.
tackb

#74 Post by tackb »

Spiggy wrote:Thanks, everyone, for all your responses, especially the recent ones. I must admit to floundering a tad of late, largely due to the complexity of the case, the obfuscation of the CPS, compounded by their incessant changes to the charges, and their failure to present to the Court a formal indictment ( three times I have now appeared at Court for this latter purpose, only to have the CPS state on each ocassion that their appointed prosecutor had been changed yet again at the very last moment, and that the newbie hadn't had time to study the papers yet ; my God, was the Judge angry about that ! )

Cheers,
Spiggy Topes.
is our world renowned legal system broken ?
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#75 Post by Blackstuff »

Spiggy wrote:Thanks, everyone, for all your responses, especially the recent ones. I must admit to floundering a tad of late, largely due to the complexity of the case, the obfuscation of the CPS, compounded by their incessant changes to the charges, and their failure to present to the Court a formal indictment ( three times I have now appeared at Court for this latter purpose, only to have the CPS state on each ocassion that their appointed prosecutor had been changed yet again at the very last moment, and that the newbie hadn't had time to study the papers yet ; my God, was the Judge angry about that ! )

Cheers,
Spiggy Topes.
Hopefully that will all count in your favour, especially if you're having to travel a way to get to court. Some judges do appear to get just as p1$$ed off with that as a normal person and end up dismissing the case fingerscrossed
DVC
Mezzer
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club

#76 Post by Mezzer »

Blackstuff wrote:

Cheers,
Spiggy Topes.
Hopefully that will all count in your favour, especially if you're having to travel a way to get to court. Some judges do appear to get just as p1$$ed off with that as a normal person and end up dismissing the case fingerscrossed

Spiggy;

Appears to me that the only entity floundering here is the CPS. The fact that they haven't been able to get their sh*t together on 3 seperate occasions speaks volumes in itself and I fully agree with Blackstuff when he says that there is every chance the judge himself will get p*ssed off with all the mucking about.

Keep your chin up and the very best of luck to you.

Mezzer
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#77 Post by Gaz »

http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/Pave ... story.html

Posted without comment because I understand the case is being heard this week (possibly even today) at Luton Crown Court.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#78 Post by saddler »

One of the charges..."possession of a blank"

Straws & clutching comes to mind
Kungfugerbil

#79 Post by Kungfugerbil »

I realise it's a serious topic, but the way that article was phrased:

"one charge of possessing a blank and another of possessing prohibited ammunition, namely cartridges with a bullet designed to explode on or immediately before impact on Christmas Day last year"

...makes it sound like an incredibly specific charge :)
Gaz
Home club or Range: Bisley (usually)

#80 Post by Gaz »

The case is now before Luton Crown Court. Seems it was this week, not last week, that it was due to be heard.
I write words for money - but not here. If you think my words here are written to the same standard as my words for money elsewhere, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

See also www.ukshootingnews.wordpress.com for my take on gun law and target shooting news.