Material Offcuts available

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Doz
Past Supporter

Re: Material Offcuts available

#21 Post by Doz »

Mine have arrived too, many thanks indeed. There's a couple of very suspicious looking offcuts - you've not been knocking out Triumph pushrod tubes David have you? ;)
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#22 Post by Demonic69 »

I don't suppose anyone else got a section of the round 40mm alu that they don't need did they? Don't mind buying or swapping for it.
Had a bit perfect for a shotgun mag tube extension nut, bored it out to the wrong diameter like a moron!
Cheers
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#23 Post by Alpha1 »

I'll check when I get home.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

Doz, I know exactly which bits you mean, they are the upper spacers for our annealing machines however I changed the design so they were never used. I tried to spread such things around the shipments as they were a handy size.

Demonic69 - I may have some offcuts of 38.0mm 6082T6 left over if that is any use. If so let me know what lengths you need them cutting to and I will bung them in the saw.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69

#25 Post by Demonic69 »

Hi OvenPaa
I think about 1.5" would be perfect, many thanks.
Out of interest, what type of saw do you use?

Cheers
Dean
Christel
Site Admin

#26 Post by Christel »

Demonic69 wrote:Hi OvenPaa
I think about 1.5" would be perfect, many thanks.
Out of interest, what type of saw do you use?

Cheers
Dean
The man says...an Axminster 4" MCB100A which has very likely been superseded, it has done a lot of work, probably about two years old.
It has just trashed the friction band and we are waiting for a new one to arrive, about a fiver each.
Small footprint and has happily cut through a lump of 3" titanium in the past.
Important part is the blade, we use Starrett from http://tuffsaws.co.uk/ who offer excellent products and service, if only all suppliers were like that. :good:
Demonic69

#27 Post by Demonic69 »

For the money that thing is a bargain, the same price as their bench-top units but a better motor and more features. I wish I had the space for one now :cry:
Demonic69

#28 Post by Demonic69 »

Actually, I was looking at their suggested replacement. Yours IS a benchtop model that seems to do what I want... It's my birthday soon party2
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

I want one of the saws nice bit of kit would be ideal for my workshop.
I only have 25mm round bar at home but I will have a look tomorrow at work we have all sorts of stuff there.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dean, email me and remind me to chop a piece off for you in the morning.

The good thing about the saw I use is speed, it has a nice slow cut so does not overheat the material which is important for things like barrels plus it cuts square and I very much doubt I will ever need to chop more than 4" diameter or square. Occasionally I hanker for a vertical band saw however such occasions are rare and the thing I have does exactly what I need of it.

The blades are the important part and it took us a while to find a decent supplier. The blades last 6 months whereas the previous blades would sometimes fail in under a week if I was doing a run on stainless items.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal