Club to join

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

freddy

Club to join

#1 Post by freddy »

Hi,
Joined here over a year ago and I have been very quiet due to various things ,I now need to join a club near to were I live {Sheffield] so I can take up shooting now I have the time to do so,
So were is there around here to shoot my K98 , I recently bought another one to enjoy down the range a R/C LSR to save the other one for special occations
Thanks Mark
Dave 101

Re: Club to join

#2 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

Cant help with the club , but how did you manage to get rifles on you FAC if your not in a club ?

Dave
ozone
Home club or Range: Thorpe Cloud

#3 Post by ozone »

freddy wrote:Hi,
Joined here over a year ago and I have been very quiet due to various things ,I now need to join a club near to were I live {Sheffield] so I can take up shooting now I have the time to do so,
So were is there around here to shoot my K98 , I recently bought another one to enjoy down the range a R/C LSR to save the other one for special occations
Thanks Mark

Try

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nick2506/cdrpc/

ozone

Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#4 Post by Demonic69 »

I think mattersey does full-bore too. Good to more representation from the right side of Yorkshire :-)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

Dave 101 wrote:Hi

Cant help with the club , but how did you manage to get rifles on you FAC if your not in a club ?

Dave
I was wondering about that too
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#6 Post by M99 »

snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#7 Post by snayperskaya »

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Dave 101

#8 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Freddy

So how many guns do you have in your collection then ? Your police authority must have a different agenda to Essex when I applied for another slot for an Enfield .22 trainer I had to have a specific reason to shoot it , but I couldn't have it just because it looked pretty , FEOs words .

Dave
freddy

#9 Post by freddy »

Hi,
Thanks for the help Chesterfield is very close so they would be fine there web page is under maintenance at the moment so there's little info.
Thanks and a Happy Christmas Mark
legs748
Home club or Range: Mattersey R&PC

#10 Post by legs748 »

Demonic69 wrote:I think mattersey does full-bore too. Good to more representation from the right side of Yorkshire :-)
Mattersey has 100m full bore with 200m in development, along with 25m and about 5 50m ranges. Also on site is an air gun hft layout. Members shoot 7 days a week during daylight.
It was working when i left it...........