Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

#11 Post by the running man »

dave_303 wrote:I've just started shooting with Bristol Muzzle Loaders, good bunch of guys, yes they don't have their own range but they shoot on 2 MoD ranges, Severnside and on one of BDRPC's ranges, nice bunch of guys and at any Severnside shoot you'll see a good number of Muzzleloaders on the firing point.

They also have club backpowder rifles and pistols for training/practice and the Chairman can provide a lot of assistance if you want to go out and buy one.

If you decide to check them out send me a PM, be good to see another younger shooter on the firing point.
They do a lot of mod range stuff,it's their bag,they use us once a month for short range stuff.....out if interest dave what are the bdrpc green fees?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
dave_303

#12 Post by dave_303 »

They do a lot of mod range stuff,it's their bag,they use us once a month for short range stuff.....out if interest dave what are the bdrpc green fees?
If I recall it's a flat rate of £7.50 for every range used.

They have a six year waiting list!
Where did you hear that from? I know the list has been very long recently, not quite that long.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#13 Post by the running man »

A mate shoots there every other Thurs with a different club called TRW I think there called, he told me, we also have some members come across from them who mentioned it....whether it is or not who can say...
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
SuddenlyMinotaurs
Home club or Range: Portishead Shooting Club

#14 Post by SuddenlyMinotaurs »

Woah! Sorry for the lack of reply - I thought this thread had been abandoned, so I didn't check back until today.

You ask for a shooter's opinion, and then 12 all post at once, eh? shakeshout
dave_303 wrote:If you decide to check them out send me a PM, be good to see another younger shooter on the firing point.
Hey Dave! Thanks, I can't send you a PM, unfortunately, as I think that feature is locked until I've got a few more posts under my belt.

I sent the Bristol Muzzle Loaders a letter (last Monday, I believe), to the P.O box they list on their website, so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. But if you could give 'em a nudge, I'd be very grateful!
dave_303

#15 Post by dave_303 »

SuddenlyMinotaurs wrote:
I sent the Bristol Muzzle Loaders a letter (last Monday, I believe), to the P.O box they list on their website, so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. But if you could give 'em a nudge, I'd be very grateful!

gunlike Kelvin will get back to you soon enough, he was very prompt when I started my probationary in October/Novemberish. He is also very good at explaining how they do things, the training you'll be taken through and the cost of it all.

Let me know when you're sorted and I hope to see you on the firing point!
SuddenlyMinotaurs

#16 Post by SuddenlyMinotaurs »

dave_303 wrote:Kelvin will get back to you soon enough, he was very prompt when I started my probationary in October/Novemberish. He is also very good at explaining how they do things, the training you'll be taken through and the cost of it all.

Let me know when you're sorted and I hope to see you on the firing point!

Thanks man! See you then, hopefully!
SuddenlyMinotaurs

#17 Post by SuddenlyMinotaurs »

(quick update - I'm not dead, and I officially applied, a week or so ago!)
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#18 Post by bradaz11 »

i had no idea you had to apply to not be dead!
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
SuddenlyMinotaurs

#19 Post by SuddenlyMinotaurs »

bradaz11 wrote:i had no idea you had to apply to not be dead!
More like you have to not be dead to apply. Personally, I find the rules prohibiting the living dead from shooting with them to be discriminatory, but ho-hum.

In all seriousness, however - after many little delays, I met with the folks from the club, and they said that they were happy to have me as a probationary member! I'll be sending my cheque and other required items as soon as I get paid, this week!

shakeshout
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#20 Post by dromia »

Good news, we now wait in anticipation for the pictures of your first shots at your new club.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/