EU gun ban - its happening!

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: EU gun ban - its happening!

#81 Post by snayperskaya »

HALODIN wrote:Wanting control of your country was voting with your head, confusing an economic union with a continental shelf shows how poor our education system has become.
HH1 wrote:"I've got my country back"..... how ridiculous :squirrel:
goodjob

Ovenpaa wrote:Make that 4 and I will add that as well as firearms, immigration was not even a slight consideration for me. It was entirely down to sovereignty, democracy and independence.

Same here :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#82 Post by Sixshot6 »

snayperskaya wrote:
HALODIN wrote:Wanting control of your country was voting with your head, confusing an economic union with a continental shelf shows how poor our education system has become.
HH1 wrote:"I've got my country back"..... how ridiculous :squirrel:
goodjob

Ovenpaa wrote:Make that 4 and I will add that as well as firearms, immigration was not even a slight consideration for me. It was entirely down to sovereignty, democracy and independence.

Same here :good:
Same here too, the first two were so far down the list, sovereignty, democracy, independence were top of the list for me and I suspect for more than is given credit for.

gunlike gunlike gunlike gunlike gunlike
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#83 Post by dromia »

My view was to leave because of the erosion of our sovereignty and I feel it is important to get democracy to be as close to those its decisions effects as possible, that is how you get accountability.

Looking back over the years I see little of value that has come from the EU that this country could not have done on its own. Also the EU and our own governments more of the same old same old status quo to protect their own self serving enclave at the expense of the majority of the electorate is just not good enough. As both governments are/were unwilling to listen to what the country was telling them and to change to accommodate it. The EU vote has forced them to understand that the staus quo is unacceptable and no longer an option for most of us and we would accept some regression in the short to medium term for the long term benefits of government with more people focussed priorities rather than their own vested interest.

Immigration and gun legislation had nothing to do with it for me, although they are symptoms of the deeper problems I have described.

All that was carefully thought through over many years and a considered view on my behalf, the only bit that came from the heart was that my family didn't give the lives of brothers and uncles in two world wars to be ruled by Germany.

From my view point it is the rose tinted glasses wearing, shallow thinking remainers who are ridiculous and pathetically sad in their subservient and unimaginative rut driven view.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#84 Post by HH1 »

Chuck wrote:
Personally I believe that far too many Brits voted with their hearts rather than their heads.... we saw people in tears of joy because "I've got my country back"..... how ridiculous :squirrel:
Why is getting one's country back ridiculous???????

I would have been an OUT mainly because this is NOT the common market that people were conned into voting for many moons ago.
More a case of unrealistic expectations....

There were / are a lot of people who think that exiting the EU will mean an end to "all these foreigners coming over 'ere an taking our jobs".... that we will be "free" again.

Don't get me wrong, I never wanted to join the EU in the first place! We were all told a pack of lies.... how things would be equal (and yet I know people who worked for Vauxhall who even with their employee's discount could still buy a brand new Vauxhall car cheaper in Holland than they could at the main dealer's less than 2 miles away from the factory).

We may be able to have National Pride again..... but for the average man in the street it will not make a great deal of difference.

I work within Higher Education / Medical Research and I know a LOT of my colleagues voted to "remain"..... now we have no end of uncertainty ahead of us with a great deal of work to maintain / establish collaborative links and funding..... to say that the leave vote has "thrown a spanner in the works" is to put it mildly .
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#85 Post by Strangely Brown »

HH1 wrote:..... now we have no end of uncertainty ahead of us with a great deal of work to maintain / establish collaborative links and funding..... to say that the leave vote has "thrown a spanner in the works" is to put it mildly .
I think that's bo...cks to put it mildly, the future is looking better than it has done for many years, especially with Canada, Australia and New Zealand amongst many others wanting to do business with us.

I also voted for Sovereignty, Democracy and Independence................just sayin. :wave:
Mick
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#86 Post by HALODIN »

Ah now I understand, you're on the EU gravy train. I presume you're in the 20-35 age bracket as well?
HH1 wrote:I work within Higher Education / Medical Research and I know a LOT of my colleagues voted to "remain"..... now we have no end of uncertainty ahead of us with a great deal of work to maintain / establish collaborative links and funding..... to say that the leave vote has "thrown a spanner in the works" is to put it mildly .
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#87 Post by dromia »

Looks to me the problem with a lot of the remainers is that they are either too lazy or too afraid to embrace change.

As in all things there will be winners and losers but I firmly believe that outside the EU will have more winners than losers unlike it has been within the EU with more losers than winners , the EU has been failing this country and it is this I'm alright jack to hell with the rest of you that has led to this vote.

People who think there is going to be issues need to broaden their horizons, look beyond the failed EU, get off their arses and seek out new opportunities and/or reujvenate old ones rather than moaning about the gravy train handouts coming to an end.

The world hasn't stopped because we are coming out of the EU and some people whose vested interest it may be perceived as threatened just need to grow up, grow a pair, get out there, stop being so bloody negative and get on with it. No one ever said life was easy or fair.

Bloody research and academia, Benefits Street in gowns.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#88 Post by Airbrush »

dromia wrote:Looks to me the problem with a lot of the remainers is that they are either too lazy or too afraid to embrace change.

As in all things there will be winners and losers but I firmly believe that outside the EU will have more winners than losers unlike it has been within the EU with more losers than winners , the EU has been failing this country and it is this I'm alright jack to hell with the rest of you that has led to this vote.

People who think there is going to be issues need to broaden their horizons, look beyond the failed EU, get off their arses and seek out new opportunities and/or reujvenate old ones rather than moaning about the gravy train handouts coming to an end.

The world hasn't stopped because we are coming out of the EU and some people whose vested interest it may be perceived as threatened just need to grow up, grow a pair, get out there, stop being so bloody negative and get on with it. No one ever said life was easy or fair.

Bloody research and academia, Benefits Street in gowns.
Well said.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#89 Post by HALODIN »

The irony is it's British money redistributed by the EU.
dromia wrote:rather than moaning about the gravy train handouts coming to an end.
Alpha1

#90 Post by Alpha1 »

I work in research and have done so for the past eleven years. We work with Universities and also fund PHD students.
(I have no idea what PHD stands for so don't ask) You don't need the European Union to fund research if its worth while we as a Country are more than capable of doing so ourselves.