CSR Rifle Suitability

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
Cad Monkey
Home club or Range: KLSM & Grove

Re: CSR Rifle Suitability

#41 Post by Cad Monkey »

sclopetum wrote: I have used the AI for a mini practical organised by one of the clubs I shoot with. Our chairman organises and runs the Practical Shoot for the Police Sport UK event at Bisley in September, and we test the course of fire as a club event. The shoot is conducted at 300 and usually prone supported, but we have on occasion shot unsupported as well.
Graham
I believe the last PSUK practical match shoot in September '16 was won using an AR15 (.223) by a margin of some 30 odd points, it goes to show that these rifles are more than adequate for precision shooting.
"All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult."
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#42 Post by Mikaveli »

RBL Match wrote: The propsals for rule changes were put in place to tighten up some areas and relax others. There will be no pleasing everybody, there never is.
Which rules have been relaxed, out of interest?
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#43 Post by Maggot »

The following rules have been relaxed

1. Only part of the range needs to be flooded over 50% of its surface area to be suitable for CSR

Previously it had to be 100% coverage with hidden potholes. The NRA were having problems getting the hoses to reach.

2. When shooting in hard frost conditions, the fatter of the pair should shoot prone first, this means that more of the ground is thawed out for the thinner firer.

Previously this did not matter (Sorry Andy green55 ).

3. It is no longer considered bad sportsmanship to "Snigger" or "Laugh uncontrollably" when another competitor falls foul of 1 or 2

Previously you were only allowed to snigger

4. The maximum number of lazy b****** crammed into or hanging off of one Landrover will be limited to 15....

Dave clapclap

5. When Dan the Man is present, thou shalt not nick brass

You wont be able to anyway, he is too quick but just in case you were thinking about it.....

6. All firers need to be able to count to 10

This is a new rule allowing derisory comments to be made accurately and in unison when you get 11 exposures.

Just turn up, find out and have a laugh :good: Speculate all you like but the best way to find out is to shoot and many are.

Rumor has it that if any more turn up they will be ploughing up Stickledown and running the urban contact left to right lol
Mikaveli
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#44 Post by Mikaveli »

Maggot wrote:The following rules have been relaxed

1. Only part of the range needs to be flooded over 50% of its surface area to be suitable for CSR

Previously it had to be 100% coverage with hidden potholes. The NRA were having problems getting the hoses to reach.

2. When shooting in hard frost conditions, the fatter of the pair should shoot prone first, this means that more of the ground is thawed out for the thinner firer.

Previously this did not matter (Sorry Andy green55 ).

3. It is no longer considered bad sportsmanship to "Snigger" or "Laugh uncontrollably" when another competitor falls foul of 1 or 2
I
Previously you were only allowed to snigger

4. The maximum number of lazy b****** crammed into or hanging off of one Landrover will be limited to 15....

Dave clapclap

5. When Dan the Man is present, thou shalt not nick brass

You wont be able to anyway, he is too quick but just in case you were thinking about it.....

6. All firers need to be able to count to 10

This is a new rule allowing derisory comments to be made accurately and in unison when you get 11 exposures.

Just turn up, find out and have a laugh :good: Speculate all you like but the best way to find out is to shoot and many are.

Rumor has it that if any more turn up they will be ploughing up Stickledown and running the urban contact left to right lol
signfunnypost lol
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#45 Post by mag41uk »

I LIKE IT !!
Mitch308
Home club or Range: KLSM and The Grove

#46 Post by Mitch308 »

That doesn't make sense though, I was paired with Cad Monkey in December and I shot first ;)
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#47 Post by leeroy7031 »

Mitch308 wrote:2. When shooting in hard frost conditions, the fatter of the pair should shoot prone first, this means that more of the ground is thawed out.
I'm stuffed if I'm paired with Robin then 8-)

Typo, missing the key bit
Mikaveli wrote:
leeroy7031 wrote: First time out I'd recommend you use your own rifle... Something familiar. AI is probably best in practical optic but not mandatory 4.5lb trigger and scope 4.5 max in SO....
I thought the 4.5 trigger pull and 4.bowl max scope was just for the Service Optic class?
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#48 Post by shugie »

leeroy7031 wrote:
Mitch308 wrote:2. When shooting in hard frost conditions, the fatter of the pair should shoot prone first, this means that more of the ground is thawed out.
I'm stuffed if I'm paired with Robin then 8-)

Typo, missing the key bit
Mikaveli wrote:
leeroy7031 wrote: First time out I'd recommend you use your own rifle... Something familiar. AI is probably best in practical optic but not mandatory 4.5lb trigger and scope 4.5 max in SO....
I thought the 4.5 trigger pull and 4.bowl max scope was just for the Service Optic class?
Fat is good insulation, scrawny gits warm the ground better.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#49 Post by Maggot »

I had to laugh Shugie, on the first detail in Dec when everyone stood up there were all these little dark outlines in the frost.....not sure quite why everyone got down that early but there you go.....
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#50 Post by shugie »

I'm about 35 miles from Bisley, it's p*** it down, and I'm going to have my first go at CSR tomorrow afternoon. I may need a snorkel.
Careful now/that sort of thing