Well that will cut down on armed crime a lot...

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Well that will cut down on armed crime a lot...

#1 Post by Daryll »

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/te ... 63401.html

If the other 38 were also weapons of mass destruction like these, i'll sleep more soundly tonight...

[sarcasm mode off]
Gazza

Re: Well that will cut down on armed crime a lot...

#2 Post by Gazza »

That same picture will pop up at the next amnesty. Its a bit like the other "hand in" last year when the picture included the contents of someones kitchen drawer.
Wheres the pictures of the Glocks and AK's that the proper nasty people have handed in.....Oh. wait a minute, they dont hand them in do they, silly me! 8-)
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

I remember seeing an amnesty photo where it appeared that an entire '70s toy shops inventory of Lone Star cap guns had been handed in!!!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

So, some pathetic little swots have cast around their attic for some old wall hangers to take down to their local plot in exchange for a pat on the head and a l0llypop. "Well done, citizen. Well done. You've saved a life." So off they skip with a warm feeling, down there, in their special place, feeling like a hero.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
RDC

#5 Post by RDC »

Dark Skies wrote:So, some pathetic little swots have cast around their attic for some old wall hangers to take down to their local plot in exchange for a pat on the head and a l0llypop. "Well done, citizen. Well done. You've saved a life." So off they skip with a warm feeling, down there, in their special place, feeling like a hero.
Or... They have found thier dead grandad's old collection that hasn't seen the light of day in 45 years and they want to get rid without legal problems. The average person wouldn't know an obsolete calibre or an old-spec deac. if it hit them in the face. I bet loads of shooters wouldn't know what are obsolete calibres either. I certainly don't because it isn't in my sphere of interest.

For the police, it's an easy win. They get to parade these things in the media and make everyone feel a bit safer. They know it's not going to have an impact on violent crime, but public perception can do a lot of good in communities.
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#6 Post by Les »

If that load of scrap metal is indicative of what was handed in, then London will indeed be a lot safer .... for the villains. Anybody daft enough to actually try firing one of those things is in the wrong job, I reckon. 8-)
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#7 Post by David Nimrod »

What a total load of bollix
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#8 Post by saddler »

Too many cynics on here!
Those dangerous weapons are now off the streets, making the local community safer as a result.

The most recent police data now shows that incidents of highway robbery have dropped right off the chart.
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#9 Post by Les »

saddler wrote:Too many cynics on here!
Those dangerous weapons are now off the streets, making the local community safer as a result.
The most recent police data now shows that incidents of highway robbery have dropped right off the chart.
You're probably dead right about them being dangerous, saddler. You could get a nasty dose of tetanus if you cut yourself on one of those things.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#10 Post by DanTheMan »

More headlining rubbish was published earlier this week...LINK

Deactivated firearms, seized from one well known online shop and used as PR by the NCA, none of these are capable of discharging shot bullet or missile but they look scary and dangerous in a PR photo. No doubt conveniently part of the 440 that are awaiting assessment before being returned to the owner :bad: