Hi From Aberdeenshire

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

takbok

Hi From Aberdeenshire

#1 Post by takbok »

Hi All

I was directed here for Viht N310 load data for shooting subsonic loads in my 6x45.

I do some Roe stalking, clay shooting and occasional range shooting with the Speyside full bore gun club. I enjoy making things – I’ve just made my own fibreglass stock for my Sako 75. I would like to build rifles at some stage when I can afford a mill and lathe etc.

I look forward to chatting with you guys on here.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Hi From Aberdeenshire

#2 Post by Christel »

'ello takbok, welcome :wave:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
waterford103
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#4 Post by waterford103 »

Welcome to a fellow Aberdonian , I was a member of Speyside some years ago but it was too far and there were too many un-notified cancellations due to army use. Member of Aberdeen FBGC now. :flag13:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome :wave:

Trailboss also works in the 6x47 as well however it is a more costly solution, look for the heaviest bullet you can source.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
takbok

#6 Post by takbok »

Thanks, all.

Waterford103, I've seen a few posts of yours on the SD. Speyside is good these days - only 1 cancellation last year due to deleading range.

Ovenpaa, the local gunshop doesn't have any trailboss unfortunately but they do have N310. I've got some 90gr Saeco cast bullets. Do you have any load data for the 6x47? (I'm assuming it's the 6mm-222mag, not 6-6.5x47).
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#7 Post by Les »

Hi .... welcome to FBUK! :good:
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

takbok wrote:Ovenpaa, the local gunshop doesn't have any trailboss unfortunately but they do have N310. I've got some 90gr Saeco cast bullets. Do you have any load data for the 6x47? (I'm assuming it's the 6mm-222mag, not 6-6.5x47).
Ah, I am talking about the 6-6,5x47
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

3-4 gns N310, with the NOE 246-105-FN works well for a subsonic load that carries out to 100 yrds.

Don't even think of using Trailboss as it is chronically over priced for what it is, a fluffy fast pistol powder, if you want to waste money then just send me signed blank cheques. The claim that it stops a double charge due to over spill may be true in small volume pistol cases but not so in these larger rifle cases which will easily accept a double charge without overflowing.

If you need to rely on fluffy powders as the safeguard against double charging then you really shouldn't be handloading.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
takbok

#10 Post by takbok »

Ovenpaa wrote:
takbok wrote:Ovenpaa, the local gunshop doesn't have any trailboss unfortunately but they do have N310. I've got some 90gr Saeco cast bullets. Do you have any load data for the 6x47? (I'm assuming it's the 6mm-222mag, not 6-6.5x47).
Ah, I am talking about the 6-6,5x47
Cheers, always best to check!