Arex Rex Zero 1

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

Arex Rex Zero 1

#1 Post by Zilberbak »

In Slovenia a couple of weeks back and was lucky enough to shoot a new Sig Sauer 226 clone with improved features the Arex Rex Zero 1. Not an expert as started shooting after the pistol ban but have shot a few different pistols over the years.

All l can say is what a great gun to shoot very accurate even in my amateur hands. Shot a mixture of static and practical type shooting. Normally shoot a Glock in neighbouring Austria from time to time but would much rather shoot the Arex.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Sim G

Re: Arex Rex Zero 1

#2 Post by Sim G »

Have a look at the Military Arms Channel on youtube. They do a couple of excellent reviews and torture tests. As good as a real Sig for half the cost. Pretty acedemic to most of us in the U.K. now.

But then with some of the stuff coming out of Eastern Europe and Turkey now, there's really not that many handguns out there that are real rubbish. But, striker fired, polymer framed is certainly the fashion.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#3 Post by froggy »

Sod the pistol - tell us more how you found shooting in Slovenia !!!
Dying to go there ;)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#4 Post by Dellboy »

froggy wrote:Sod the pistol - tell us more how you found shooting in Slovenia !!!
Dying to go there ;)
Plus one or two actually aren't their gun laws different to Czech in a bad way ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#5 Post by Zilberbak »

If you are interested I will check with the guys over there if they can do for you as mine was a cheeky "ask" via an email that came up trumps. The range was not far from the capital Ljubljana and I got to shoot a very short barreled AK (read flame thrower), short barrel VZ58, VZ61 Skorpion in a pistol caliber but not 9mm may haven been 32ACP (?), AR15 and of course the REX Zero 1 (all the above in semi-auto). Like I say an afternoon spent shooting half static and then practical including in low light with mounted flashlight. All very safe as these guys have a good reputation and they became confident with me as they saw me shoot (they were impressed with my stood unsupported accuracy, thank god for gallery rifle so I didn't embarrass us Brits).
Attachments
20170924_151712.00_00_53_27.Still004.jpg
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R