Climate Change

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Christel
Site Admin

Climate Change

#1 Post by Christel »

I have taken this from somewhere else. I have not checked the accuracy.
The Atmospheric CO2 levels in 1850 (beginning of the Industrial Revolution and the green ideological start point) was 280ppm (parts per million atmospheric content) (Vostok Ice Core).
Atmospheric CO2 level in 2021 was 410ppm. (Mauna Loa)
So lets show the growth per year. 410ppm minus 280ppm = 130ppm ÷ 171 years ( i.e. 2021 minus 1850) = 0.76ppm. Man is responsible for 3% of that which is 0.02ppm.
That’s every human on the planet and every industrial process adding 0.02ppm CO2 to the atmosphere per year on average between those years. At that rate mankind’s CO2 contribution would take 25,000 years to double which, as the IPCC states, would cause around 2°C of temperature rise. That’s 0.0001°C increase per year for 25,000 years.
If the above is fact checked, are we really experiencing a climate crisis?
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Climate Change

#2 Post by Pete »

Interesting logic......how many people were around in 1850, compared to now? Surely you're not a climate change denier, Christel.
I skied around Europe back in the day, and it was clear to me that a change was taking place at an increasing rate.
Great years with plenty of snow when I started.....then the occasional poor year and the need to go higher, then a few years later, snow cannons started appearing.
The jury is out as to whether climate change is entirely down to the sheer weight of humans now ripping the guts out of the planet, but it can't be helping...

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#3 Post by dodgyrog »

Have a look at Nature Bats Last on You tube. Dr McPhearson is advising us that we are past the 'tipping point' and are in the middle of the sixth 'Great Extiction Event'.
I make no comment ofn the accuracy of his prediction.
BTW Methane and Water Vapour are worse for Global Warming than CO2
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Pete, big difference between a climate denier and critical thinking of the world having a climate crisis.
I completely agree that the climate is changing, question is what is the cause?

Not that important how many people were around in 1850, as we are looking at CO2 ppm measured at the years in question.

Are we humans to blame or is it a natural development over many years? Looking at the numbers I quoted it looks like humans and their activities are not the big cause?
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

Also the fact that there are more and more people on this planet seems alarming however the prediction is that the upward trend will turn dramatically. Mainly because us white women in developed countries are having less and less children.
shotgun sam

#6 Post by shotgun sam »

In my lifetime there has been predictions of ice ages and now global warming, no doubt in the remainder of my life scientists/governments will come out with something new so they can preach and tax us on.
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Preach and tax...yeah, there is something there, however who benefits?
Rockhopper

#8 Post by Rockhopper »

Where does the mankind 3% figure come from?
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Would be nice if someone could explain that 3% indeed?
Hunterboy

#10 Post by Hunterboy »

Slightly on topic…..I love James Lovelock’s reply to the question “what should people do about global warming ?”
“Buy a shotgun!”