0.223 Rem /

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Yamavira
Home club or Range: Catterick

0.223 Rem /

#1 Post by Yamavira »

Would welcome advice & recommendations.
Rifle.0.223 Rem Savage 110. 26 inch barrel. 1 in 9 twist.
Bullet 62 grain BT M.
Have tried varget, N140 & TAC, various loads. I cannot achieve decent grouping, even at 100, with this bullet weight & the powders listed.
Would welcome any suggestions regarding powders (those currently available) & weights.
Have about 200 62 grain bullets which I would prefer not to simply discard.

Rifle shoots well with 69 & 75 grain bullets using any of the above powders.

Thanks for any assistance
Yamavira
Graham M

Re: 0.223 Rem /

#2 Post by Graham M »

Is that 62grn BTM a copper bullet?? (Monolithic????)
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
andrew375

#3 Post by andrew375 »

I've got a Savage M10 in .223. The only jacketed bullets I've ever put through it are 69 and 80 gr. SMKs and 75 gr. A-Max, all with N140. Shoots below moa with all these , though the longer bullets are on the edge of stability long range.

Does the rifle shoot the same with factory ammo? You need to isolate whether it is the bullet, load or rifle. By using factory ammo, any bullet weight, but not mil surp, if the rifle still won't group then there is something wrong with the rifle, probably the bedding. If you are using a 'scope swap it out for a known good one and make sure the mounts are tight.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
andrew375

#4 Post by andrew375 »

Sorry, I've just re-read your post and seen the rifle already shoots good with other bullets. For some reason the board won't let me edit my post to delete the second paragraph.

Try playing with seating depth. Sometimes these match bullets don't like too much of a jump to the rifling. Also try a "faster" powder like N130.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.