Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Lee Perfect Powder Measure.

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

channel12 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:03 am I have several Lee PPM all of them marked with the powder & charge weight I have set them at for the calibres I for which reload. And yes I do check the throw weight each time I use them.
Me too! I have ten of the things on a bank of stands. I've found them to be utterly reliable every time I check them before a reloading session.
People like to slag off Lee over the more expensive manufacturers' hardware. I've always been more than happy with their products and their customer service - which often results in free parts being sent over when I've enquired about them.

I think much of the "X is better than Lee" is often to reassure themselves that spending double the money to do the same job results in that little bit extra accuracy.
Perhaps. I just hit what I aim at cheaper.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."

#12 Post by 1066 »

Several years ago Laurie Holland ran some comparison tests with various measures. For accuracy the Lee PPM outperformed most of the others including some very upmarket measures.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#13 Post by hitchphil »

I use this to chuck in say 40grains then i trickle the rest in to 0.5grain on an electronic scale. At that i cant see any velocity differences that are statistically significant. So its makes my HL process faster.
I find with RS50, N140, TR140 etc that keeping the hopper full helps with consistency of throw, but it does vary 2-3 grains ish out of 40+
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

Like all powder throwers there is a skill to acquired to get a consistent throw, the worst part of the Lee powder measure is its sprung steel stand which has too much give in it for consistent hand throwing.

All these powder throwers benefit from being press mounted and activated as I find the mechanical linkages combined with the throw of the press smooths out vagaries of hand throwing giving more consistent measures.

I run Lee Perfect Powder measures and Auto Drum measures on my Redding T7 Turret presses and get very consistent throws, sample weigh every 5th throw.

If I was hand throwing with the Lee measure then I would set it to throw half a grain or so light and then trickle up to weight with my Target Master trickler and an RCBS balance beam scale.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/