Beds & Herts firearms dept

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Tomo

Re: Beds & Herts firearms dept

#11 Post by Tomo »

couple of friends at my local club had their variations dealt with by B&H within 7 days just before xmas.
tackb

#12 Post by tackb »

they have never even done me the curtesy of a reply reference my appalling security treatment by easyjet at luton!
Geordie bloke

#13 Post by Geordie bloke »

christel wrote:That is not bad. Not bad at all considering what we hear from other counties.

I was very skeptical when I first heard of the merge however it seems that they are getting on top of the situation with not much delay in issuing. fingerscrossed
Here up t'north in Newcastle upon Tyne, I put in for a variation asking for another calibre of ammunition on Monday 7th. I dropped my fac with a covering letter asking for what I wanted (did not need to fill in form 101). No charge was asked for, so a freebie.
Got it back this morning. Things seem to be improving in Northumbria as they moved the firearms licensing from the Police HQ in Ponteland to Cramlington Police station (about 15 miles away) and it seems that they now understand that we are 'customers' as opposed to 'we will get around to it when we want to, so sod off'. Not bad at all!