It has started!!!!

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
honsu
Home club or Range: Wednesburey Marksmen

It has started!!!!

#1 Post by honsu »

http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2 ... alism.wsvn
I have never heard of this drug befor any one here in the UK now about it.

:flag5: bangbang bangbang zzzzom
Craig&Vicki
Christel
Site Admin

Re: It has started!!!!

#2 Post by Christel »

LSD?

I do believe it has been around for awhile O:-)
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#3 Post by M99 »

christel wrote:LSD?

I do believe it has been around for awhile O:-)
Yep, Lysergic acid diethylamide has been around since its heyday in the 60s!!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Apparently LSD was discovered in the late 30's so older than I thought.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
BestDrugDoc
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Felton and District Rifle Club

#5 Post by BestDrugDoc »

Looking at the information available, the exact ingredients of "bath salts" (which is being blamed for this) are not known for certain and may vary. It sounds like it may have Mephedrone like "legal high" substances in it. The reference to LSD is probably because there have been reports of marked hallucinations as well as agitation and agression. LSD is of course is probably the most famous synthetic hallucinogen, but it is hardly used now in this country and I believe that is the same elsewhere.

Lecture over.
Sandgroper

#6 Post by Sandgroper »

Drug induced Zombification - that's not in the manuals! :o

http://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/dir ... s-products
"Bath Salts" - Emerging and Dangerous Products
NIDA Director Nora Volkow

February 2011

"Bath Salts", the newest fad to hit the shelves (virtual and real), is the latest addition to a growing list of items that young people can obtain to get high. The synthetic powder is sold legally online and in drug paraphernalia stores under a variety of names, such as "Ivory Wave," "Purple Wave," "Red Dove," "Blue Silk," "Zoom," "Bloom," "Cloud Nine," "Ocean Snow," "Lunar Wave," "Vanilla Sky," "White Lightning," "Scarface," and "Hurricane Charlie." Because these products are relatively new to the drug abuse scene, our knowledge about their precise chemical composition and short- and long-term effects is limited, yet the information we do have is worrisome and warrants a proactive stance to understand and minimize any potential dangers to the health of the public.

We know, for example, that these products often contain various amphetamine-like chemicals, such as methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MPDV), mephedrone and pyrovalerone. These drugs are typically administered orally, by inhalation, or by injection, with the worst outcomes apparently associated with snorting or intravenous administration. Mephedrone is of particular concern because, according to the United Kingdom experience, it presents a high risk for overdose. These chemicals act in the brain like stimulant drugs (indeed they are sometimes touted as cocaine substitutes); thus they present a high abuse and addiction liability. Consistent with this notion, these products have been reported to trigger intense cravings not unlike those experienced by methamphetamine users, and clinical reports from other countries appear to corroborate their addictiveness. They can also confer a high risk for other medical adverse effects. Some of these may be linked to the fact that, beyond their known psychoactive ingredients, the contents of "bath salts" are largely unknown, which makes the practice of abusing them, by any route, that much more dangerous.
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Blackstuff

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

I don't know if the link has been changed or something but the only drug mentioned was crack?? Crack and/or PCP induced zombies would put them closer to those in the 28 Days Later category which is not good news given the lack of semi-auto's available in this country :bad:
DVC
Sandgroper

#8 Post by Sandgroper »

Blackstuff wrote:I don't know if the link has been changed or something but the only drug mentioned was crack?? Crack and/or PCP induced zombies would put them closer to those in the 28 Days Later category which is not good news given the lack of semi-auto's available in this country :bad:
You should be OK with your S/A shotgun and reload times.

"Praise Blackstuff and pass the ammo!" ;)
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

Remember what the Dormouse said!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
honsu
Home club or Range: Wednesburey Marksmen

#10 Post by honsu »

Sounds a lot like PCP to me that s*** seems to make the user nearley unstopable.
Dont now how common PCP is in the UK but so glad I dont have to deal with it zzzzom

:flag5: bangbang zzzzom
Craig&Vicki