Stalker retires.

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Jenks

Stalker retires.

#1 Post by Jenks »

Some great pictures and story from the Daily Mail about Mr Peter Fraser Stalker on the Invercauld Estate in Braemar, Scotland who is retiring after forty five years.

Warning for the sensitive souls amongst us.The article Features 'Dead critters !'

Jenks
Jenks

Re: Stalker retires.

#2 Post by Jenks »

Just noticed that i forgot to link to the article... kukkuk :cry: :oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lands.html

Jenks
Chuck

#3 Post by Chuck »

A bit repetitive on the reasons why they need to cull, all lost on the Disney and tree hugging brigade.

Still, what a fantastic career ..all that scenery and I bet he's as fit as a fiddle...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Scotsgun

#4 Post by Scotsgun »

That stag he is photographed dragging is at least one and a half times the weight of a grown man. I know a similar old stalker who regularly walks us into the ground.
Jenks

#5 Post by Jenks »

Upon reaching the age of fifty the chap who owned the estate where for many years I went to stalk Hinds, was sent by his wife for a full health check. His lungs were tested and the doctor carrying out the tests said he had never seen anyone reach the output on the machine that he did. We had once descended a couple of hundred feet down from the hilltop into a large corrie. We spied some Hinds ,,they were going to be difficult to get to, so he sent me on alone. I managed to get within a hundred yards of them. I had been instructed to 'see if you can get a couple' Well I shot three. And stood up to indicate I was done. The stalker joined me. Well he said , we now have a problem. How are we to get these three beast to the argo on the top of the hill above us, by now the light was starting to go. He decided it would not be possible and that he would drag the three beast down to the road far below us. I was instructed to climb back up to the Argocat drive it back to the landrover and drive to where he would be waiting at the roadside. The beast were Gralloched head and feet removed, and off we set. I arrived at the place on the road directly below the spot on the corrie just as he did. ''What kept you'' said I. I will not commit to print, his reply. When he did get his breath back he did say... '' The next time I say..' A couple, I mean two.''

Jenks