percussion cap to 209 shotgun primer conversion

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

legs748
Home club or Range: Mattersey R&PC

Re: percussion cap to 209 shotgun primer conversion

#31 Post by legs748 »

Don't pedersoli use 209 primer conversions in their indoor shooting system for bp pistols? No powder at all to argue about then!
It was working when i left it...........
nunhead
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by nunhead »

These are suitable for the "new" courses of fire becoming available, as we allow smokeless conversions, which the MLAGB "strict rules" do not.

We (South London Rifle Club and the Surrey Branch of the MLAGB) have included this sort of firearm in our OPEN MEETINGS FOR REPEATING PISTOLS at Bisley.
The next one (SLRC) is the middle weekend of the Imperial Meeting (alongside NRA ML and GR matches) - 15th & 16th JULY -- and scorecards are £5.
Classes for STANDARD PERCUSSION REVOLVER (i.e., El Cheapos + originals) one and two-handed , PERCUSSION TARGET REVOLVER (i.e., "Standard" + the costly specials + Rugers) one-handed only; FREE PERCUSSION (more or less anything except using laser sights!) and then MODERN MUZZLE-LOADER -- with sub-classes for "Patriot", nitro conversions of percussion revolvers and the "Alfa" etc. -- again, one and two-handed matches.

Courses of fire are all 20 shots (4 x 5) plus optional sighters:-
SLOWFIRE -- 3 minutes / series; TIMEDFIRE -- 1 munute/series; RAPIDFIRE -- 30s/series;
"BOBBER" (turning targets -- 5s faced, 10s edged) and "SURRENDEN" (against the clock).

Details etc from slrc (at) jimhallam (dot) eu

The Surrey Branch MLAGB Meeting is 10th September -- same format ---
surreybranch (at) jimhallam (dot) eu
or download from the Surrey Branch MLAGB website.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#33 Post by Alpha1 »

I have been re reading this thread. Why. Because I have several Club guns that I use for training purpose,s. Mostly for probationers. I am not a fan of Black powder revolvers and hate faffing about with fitting primers onto to nipples and watch them fall off or not go off. I am expected to train these guys if we ever get back on a range. So I have decided to fit a set of shotgun primer type nipples and pay for them my self. I will inform the guys that this is not the norm.
So were do I get them from.
Ballistol

#34 Post by Ballistol »

I have a Pietta 1858 that has been fitted with the shotgun primer nipples sourced from here. http://www.aandagunsmiths.co.uk/volquar ... m/pistols/
They are screw in replacements for the original nipples, but the hammer needs to be reprofiled to allow their use.
nunhead
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#35 Post by nunhead »

If you HAVE an "of Proof" #209 conversion or one of the newer smokeless powder Revolvers (or the Patriot) then why not shoot in the MLAGB Surrey Branch "Open Meeting for Repeating Pistols" at Bisley 26/27 Sept ?
You can even shoot two-handed (shock, horror!)
Look it up on the Branch Website or "e" < surreybranch (dot) rpm @ gmail (dot) com > (remove the spaces as well)