le page

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

MrD

Re: le page

#11 Post by MrD »

Hi Chris

I like it a lot. Very different to my Ruger Old Army, especially with the set trigger. Accuracy is improving slowly with practice, but a doddle to clean!

Donald
Save it for a mammal who cares!

http://www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/
davidh195
Past Supporter

#12 Post by davidh195 »

ballkeeper wrote:how accurate is it david, what size flint does it need
There's no doubt its capable of more in the right hands, sometimes I can keep them in the Black & others I have to be satisfied to just keep it on paper.

Ill have to have a look at the flint size. I just buy them when see them hopefully reasonably priced using mk1 eyeball.

David
I applaud your enthusiasm, even though your grip on reality may be somewhat tenuous......
ballkeeper
Home club or Range: lanc

#13 Post by ballkeeper »

how long does the flints last before having to replace them
chris
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

Depends on the quality of the flint, the skills of the knapper, the lock geometry, frizzen hardness, and the skill of the shooter in setting the flint in the cock.

I use black English flint, properly knapped and expect at least 30 shots, my average is more likely 50-60 shots in all my flinters.

Flint width should be the same as the widest part of the frizzen and the length should be sufficient to allow clearance 'tween flint and fizzen when cocked and closed and the flint should strike the fizzen 'tween 1/4 and 1/3 of the height of the frizzen down from the top.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
ballkeeper
Home club or Range: lanc

#15 Post by ballkeeper »

dromia wrote:Depends on the quality of the flint, the skills of the knapper, the lock geometry, frizzen hardness, and the skill of the shooter in setting the flint in the cock.

I use black English flint, properly knapped and expect at least 30 shots, my average is more likely 50-60 shots in all my flinters.

Flint width should be the same as the widest part of the frizzen and the length should be sufficient to allow clearance 'tween flint and fizzen when cocked and closed and the flint should strike the fizzen 'tween 1/4 and 1/3 of the height of the frizzen down from the top.
some handy tips there thank you ,i do plan on getting a flinter once i make more room in my cabnet
chris